Instant Pot Meats -  Frozen Chicken Breasts n The Instant Pot (61 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: ~BootsInstantPotKitchen~ (FancyBoots) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-11 8:49 PM 
To: All  (1 of 6) 

Learn how to cook an Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast that you can shred and put into tacos, salads, pasta, or soup. This is a great easy recipe for busy weeknights.

INGREDIENTS

3 large frozen boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
1 cup water

INSTRUCTIONS

Remove the chicken from the packaging. Lay the cutlets flat on the trivet inside a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
Add the water to the bottom of the pot.
Lock on the lid and set the time to 18 minutes.
Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Release any additional pressure and carefully remove the lid.
Use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board. Use a fork and your tongs to shred the chicken. Or, you can use a knife to cut it into chunks.
Serve immediately, or place the chicken in a glass bowl and cover with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

NOTES

If your chicken cutlets are medium sized, then reduce the cooking time to 16 minutes.

If you chicken is defrosted or close to defrosted, you can reduce the cooking time to 8-10 minutes.

You can fit about 3 large chicken cutlets inside a 6-quart Instant Pot.

Remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken cutlets to a cutting board. Use the tongs and a fork or knife to slice or shred the chicken. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

To: ~BootsInstantPotKitchen~ (FancyBoots) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 6) 
 523.2 in reply to 523.1 

Boots, what a timesaver insta pots are! I began to think of cooking chicken breasts for chicken, & dumplins. Thank you for the recipe :)

Reply   Options 

From: ~BootsInstantPotKitchen~ (FancyBoots) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-18 1:35 PM 
To: PandoraG  (3 of 6) 
 523.3 in reply to 523.2 

Oh how I wish I had some homemade chicken & dumplings.  DH doesn't care for them & I would be making them for one, so I just don't.

To: ~BootsInstantPotKitchen~ (FancyBoots) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 6) 
 523.4 in reply to 523.3 

Boots, I understand .Myself I wasn't aware of chicken, & dumplings until my husband introduced me to his family from the country. I was fortunate his Aunt, taught me how to make chicken, & dumplins, & chocolate pie too! Amazing lady, amazing cook. I have a ? re: broth Is the insta pot good for fryer chicken cooked for homemade broth. 

From: ~BootsInstantPotKitchen~ (FancyBoots) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-18 4:18 PM 
To: PandoraG  (5 of 6) 
 523.5 in reply to 523.4 

Yes, very much so & a lot faster than doing it on the stove top.  I saw a post the other day for that.  Let me see if I can find it again.

To: ~BootsInstantPotKitchen~ (FancyBoots) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 6) 
 523.6 in reply to 523.5 

Great! I appreciate all that you do for me. You rock, lady :)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.