Morality, Life & Social Issues -  She Married Herself??? (164 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-28 9:51 AM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (1 of 11) 

I have a friend and he and his wife and kids are Christians. his daughter at about 30 married herself, had the ceremony and invited everyone and the cake and so on and the parents went along with it. She later adopted a child too. She is a strange person, which I assume is the reason why she never found the right guy, but is this self-marriage the way to go? What do you think? 

Reply   Options 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-28 10:57 AM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 11) 
 41381.2 in reply to 41381.1 

I have a friend and he and his wife and kids are Christians. his daughter at about 30 married herself, had the ceremony and invited everyone and the cake and so on and the parents went along with it. She later adopted a child too. She is a strange person, which I assume is the reason why she never found the right guy, but is this self-marriage the way to go? What do you think?

Ginger>Very weird thinking. Poor kid that she adopted. 

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-28 3:48 PM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 11) 
 41381.3 in reply to 41381.2 

Ginger>Very weird thinking. Poor kid that she adopted.

bob>Strange family getting stranger as time goes by. In any event, you're right, she wanted to get married, but could not find Mr right or Mr anything so she married herself, she wanted a baby and adopted one, but at least she was married, LOL. With 50% of mothers in the US unwed, and growing, we can expect some pretty strange kids, no fault of the kids.

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-29 2:07 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 11) 
 41381.4 in reply to 41381.3 

bob>Strange family getting stranger as time goes by. In any event, you're right, she wanted to get married, but could not find Mr right or Mr anything so she married herself, she wanted a baby and adopted one, but at least she was married, LOL. With 50% of mothers in the US unwed, and growing, we can expect some pretty strange kids, no fault of the kids.

Ginger>We are all so much ingrained by our upbringing so if a child is brought up in a radical liberal house, does God still hold them responsible for their actions that were a result of their upbringing?

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 11) 
 41381.5 in reply to 41381.1 
Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

his daughter at about 30 married herself, had the ceremony and invited everyone and the cake and so on and the parents went along with it. She later adopted a child too. 

Total freak show.

Sologamy - Wikipedia

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-1 2:28 PM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 11) 
 41381.6 in reply to 41381.4 

Ginger>We are all so much ingrained by our upbringing so if a child is brought up in a radical liberal house, does God still hold them responsible for their actions that were a result of their upbringing?

bob>Yes, we all still have the freewill to change. If one gets into the bible, as they should, they can see God is not promoting what society does. Kids are raised up in the way they go, but then they reach a point of questioning the path they are on. The prison ministry is full of "kids" who now see their parents on drugs was not the way to go and are trying to get off that path. We are responsible for the choices we make, as you know. 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-1 2:30 PM 
To: Archipuss  (7 of 11) 
 41381.7 in reply to 41381.5 
ob (Bobbylee7) said...

his daughter at about 30 married herself, had the ceremony and invited everyone and the cake and so on and the parents went along with it. She later adopted a child too. 

bob>The family, over time, expected strange things from her and she did not disappoint. The family all showed up at her wedding to celebrate this joyous occasion with her. sick! 

Total freak show.

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-1 7:12 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 11) 
 41381.8 in reply to 41381.6 

>>Ginger>We are all so much ingrained by our upbringing so if a child is brought up in a radical liberal house, does God still hold them responsible for their actions that were a result of their upbringing

bob>Yes, we all still have the freewill to change. If one gets into the bible, as they should, they can see God is not promoting what society does. Kids are raised up in the way they go, but then they reach a point of questioning the path they are on. The prison ministry is full of "kids" who now see their parents on drugs was not the way to go and are trying to get off that path. We are responsible for the choices we make, as you know.

Ginger>I do know. Just get tired of people saying they can’t change their ways.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-2 10:23 AM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 11) 
 41381.9 in reply to 41381.8 

>>Ginger>We are all so much ingrained by our upbringing so if a child is brought up in a radical liberal house, does God still hold them responsible for their actions that were a result of their upbringing

Ginger>I do know. Just get tired of people saying they can’t change their ways.

bob>I see, our guys change everything about their lives with the help of God. 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-2 5:24 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 11) 
 41381.10 in reply to 41381.9 

bob>I see, our guys change everything about their lives with the help of God.

Ginger>Romans 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

yes, With God’s help of the Holy Spirit living in the new believer, anyone can change from their upbringing.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.