Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Bible Facts and Fun Topics -  How Did David Know About Goliath? (30 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-20 3:47 PM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

The bible speaks that "you know that you know" and I have had a few times when this has happened. They involved the foreknowledge from the Holy Spirit that something would happen and as it was happening, "I knew that I know'd that I know'd" hey, I'm an Okie, that's how I talkPsalm 139:16 says, “Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.”s down here. LOL. 

When it comes to David "knowing" he could defeat Goliath, he not only knew, he was arrogant about it. So, how did David know?? Well, let's go back a few years before the event, in fact, lets go back to the womb where David says "

Psalm 139:16 says, “Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.”

The Holy Spirit was with David in the womb, he's one of the few in the OT that had the Holy Spirit. 

?While David was shepherding his sheep, they were approached by a bear, instead of running away, the Holy Spirit had told David he could defeat this bear, so David took the unusual action to take on the bear and he defeated the bear, a miracle, but David Knew that he Knew, David knew he would win. Later, a Lion attacked David's sheep and David being guided by the Holy Spirit, took on the Lion and also slew it. Once again, David "knew that he knew" he would defeat the bear and the Lion. 

When Goliath stood yelling and challenging the Jews to send one out to fight him, David, "knew that he knew" he would defeat Goliath and says the following:

34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:

35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.

36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

David "knew that he knew" just as the Holy Spirit gave David the knowledge he could/would kill the Lion and the Bear and then he did, the Holy Spirit also show'd David he could/would defeat Goliath and he did. All three of these events were impossible for any man to accomplish, especially a lowly sheepherder, but David was predestined before he was born to accomplish this and other tasks for the Lord, David was predestined to SERVE God in these most munificent ways. 

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.