Mother Earth and Off the Grid -  Wall Threatens 111 Endangered Animal Spe (143 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Equality4ALL (KINGPACO2) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-9 6:22 PM 
To: All  (1 of 6) 

Donald Trump’s plan to build a "beautiful" wall between the US and Mexico will threaten 111 endangered animal species and cause major environmental damage, experts have warned.

The 1,000-mile barrier promised by the US President will pass through four wildlife reserves on the US side of the border and a number of nature reserves on the Mexican side.

It will have “severe ecological consequences” and “significant environmental costs”, according to Dr. Shonil Bhagwat, a senior lecturer in Geography at the UK's, Open University.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-mexico-border-wall-us-threatens-111-endangered-animal-species-a7591206.html

"I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." - Jefferson to H. Tompkinson (AKA Samuel Kercheval), July 12, 1816

Reply   Options 

To: Equality4ALL (KINGPACO2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 6) 
 102388.2 in reply to 102388.1 

It will cut off some ranchers from the Rio Grande river as well.  Trump doesn't give a shit about wildlife or nature.  I'm sure he's never set foot in the woods.  He's too busy surrounding himself in tacky gold thinking it buys him class.  It does not.

From: Equality4ALL (KINGPACO2) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-17 4:11 PM 
To: Dragonslayer (DAMSEL16)  (3 of 6) 
 102388.3 in reply to 102388.2 

All true words! We see by his management of the EPA. His rules on killing wolves and bears in their dens. His allowing mining material to be released in streams and other waterways. Now his sons sure have stepped in the woods and nature. Of course it was to trophy hunt but...

"I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." - Jefferson to H. Tompkinson (AKA Samuel Kercheval), July 12, 1816

To: Equality4ALL (KINGPACO2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 6) 
 102388.4 in reply to 102388.3 

Yes and it all makes me sick to my stomach.  Now the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is about to be defiled.  The last unspoiled place we have.  I hope Trump and his cronies meet a long, painful, horrible end filled with unrelenting suffering for what they have done.

From: Equality4ALL (KINGPACO2) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-23 6:47 PM 
To: Dragonslayer (DAMSEL16)  (5 of 6) 
 102388.5 in reply to 102388.4 

IMO if these morons think those areas are a danger with immigrants, drugs, etc they can have a border outpost there and solve it that way. Instead of building a wall.

I was VERY upset about ANWR. What it does point out though, is that for decades all the Dems the LW attacks for doing nothing LW, saved that place for a very long time. It was saved because we were able to have support of green Repubs, who the baggers primaried out, and enough Dem numbers to stop the rape of ANWR. IMO it's another example of a bad outcome having just the bases running a party. This rape of ANWR is the result of the death of the Repub party and us losing in 2010.

To: Equality4ALL (KINGPACO2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 6) 
 102388.6 in reply to 102388.5 

Yes, I agree.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.