The lighter side of life

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mona Eltahawy feminist author   Social Issues

Started 1/9/20 by Dot_hoe; 5918 views.
Dot_hoe

1/9/20

Mona Eltahawy; she is a feminist, a poet, an author and public speaker on Arab and Muslim issues.

She is the author of Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution She lives in Cairo and NYC.

Enjoy this unedited talk by Mona Eltahawy.

''I am here to confuse you'' - Mona Eltahawy

TED Archive 7 Mar 2017
[V] https://youtu.be/Htf7Ku41vDA

Mona Eltahawy said: “I am a Muslim, I am a feminist and I am here to confuse you” are the powerful words columnist Mona Eltahawy begins with. In this sharp talk, she discusses the personal, religious and political stances she has taken and how their implications are often assumed to contradict each other. Mona uses this confusion, she says, as a way to shift perspectives and fight misogyny.

TEDArchive presents previously unpublished talks from TED conferences. Filmed at TEDWomen 2010.

Berylline

1/10/20

Mona Eltahawy wins, thumbsup

I'm more confuse than ever!!

KUDOS! thumbsup

Mona Eltahawy for speaking out like this!

Eliot (Elohimil)

1/11/20

We done Mona Eltahawy not sole interesting she is amusing to listen to, she has an amazing sense of humour! 

laughing

Zoe (ZeeMom1)

1/11/20

Mona Eltahawy puts it out there within a comedian side ; telling it as it is, and she might get more attention than what is usually said!

Bravo! clap

In reply toRe: msg 1
Zoe (ZeeMom1)

1/11/20

Mona Eltahawy overlooks Tahrir Square in Cairo, Egypt the day after riot police assaulted her in November of 2011.

point_right AUDIO and VIDEO

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/outintheopen/i-want-patriarchy-to-fear-women-mona-eltahawy-says-the-time-for-being-civil-peaceful-and-polite-is-over-1.5296597

(Submitted by Mona Eltahawy)

funiki

1/14/20

Mona Etahawy is hilarious, such a courageous  hoot!!! laughing

Dot_hoe

1/14/20

Everyone has to free themselves from the old tribal systems too many myths that are implanted in it affect the growth of civilization itself.

Samurai (BushMesh)

1/16/20

UNBELIEVABLE!! weary

Do Middle Eastern people know about feminism?

Obezlix

1/31/20

No surprise she lived most of her life in Britain,  she even caught up with British sarcasm and language accent, the rest of the Zitslamist  want to get her jailed under a Burqa - and that is a mild part of their intension! !!