PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Romans chapter 5 fellowship   Bible discussions/belief

Started Sep-5 by PAULFROMNYS; 127 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-5

Romans 5:12   Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-5

Everyone of us were in the loins of Adam, and everyone of us, born of woman, carries the nature of the transgression.

JS5777

Sep-5

Paul said: “Everyone of us were in the loins of Adam”

This is ALL related to the above mentioned statement.

Was Adam the “wicked one” that is mentioned in 1 John 3:12?

1 John 3:12    Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Just for reference I have included every other location where the term “wicked one” is used in the New Testament.

Mat 13:19       When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mat 13:38       The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

1 John 2:13    I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

1 John 2:14    I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

1 John 5:18    We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Since Adam was created in the image and likeness of God, how could we call Adam the “wicked one” and NOT (by proxy) also call God wicked?

Second part:

Paul said: “everyone of us, born of woman, carries the nature of the transgression”.

There is ONE very obvious exception, which is the Lord Jesus Christ. Even though He was born “born of woman”, He DID NOT carry the nature of the transgression, because if He had THAT nature, He would NOT have been qualified to do the work of redemption. But He DID NOT come by the “forbidden touch” that is mentioned in Gen 3:3, but rather He was the Word of God which was made flesh and NOT through the “forbidden touch”.

Everyone else HAS come by the “forbidden touch”, and therefore, ARE partakers in the “nature of transgression”.

From this we can conclude that the Gen 1:28 commandment to “be fruitful and multiply” was NOT to be through the means of the “forbidden touch”, but instead by the Spoken Creative Word of God (which is  God’s manner to bring forth after HIS kind), which was in the mouth of Adam BEFORE the fall in sin, and before the woman fell, she COULD have received THAT Word and conceived by it, but once she fell by the “forbidden touch”, she was no longer able to receive THAT Spoken Word to conceive by it.

Therefore, because of BOTH of THEIR NAMES being called Adam, according to Gen 5:1-2, and BOTH of them being called “man”, and the Bible identifying specifically which part of “man” was the part which fell (the woman, 1 Tim 2:14), and which part of man (the male, Rom 5:14) was the part that surrendered himself to death in order to stand in the breach between his fallen wife and a Holy God, we can understand just how the transgression of the fall applies to everyone else EXCEPT the Lord Jesus Christ.

This also shows us that Adam (the male) while he was still in the image and likeness of God, BEFORE the fall, he consecrated a substitutionary way to “be fruitful and multiply” THROUGH the “forbidden touch” but ONLY in marriage (Heb 13:4).

Therefore, the question remains, WHO was the “wicked one” that is mentioned in 1 John 3:12?

Hint: he is mentioned in Gen 3:1 and 2 Cor 11:3, Rev 12:9, 14-15, 20:2.

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-5

I stand corrected.  My only defense is that Eve is a portion of Adam, but my statement regarding Adams loins is incorrect.   Jesus of course was the creation of GOD in the womb of Mary without human input. We came about as a result of natural human dynamics established in the transgression, but in the new birth are as our Lord Jesus = 100% the workmanship of GOD. 

JS5777

Sep-5

NOW we are in perfect agreement, and the glorious thing is... HIS workmanship in the inner man, very soon will ALSO clothe our outer man and we will go up to meet Him in the air in glorified bodies, just as HIS glorified body.

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-14

I missed this   :(    Amen, His workmanship, nothing added or taken away.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-15

Paul says: Jesus of course was the creation of GOD in the womb of Mary without human input.

I don't think this is quite right either. Mary was the human input. Jesus was the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15. He is the mystery of God, God manifested in a human being. He is God mingled with man and the human part came from Mary. That also makes Him the seed of David and the seed of Abraham, because Mary was their descendent.

Genesis  3:15   And I will put enmity / Between you and the woman / And between your seed and her seed; / He will bruise you on the head, / But you will bruise him on the heel

Matthew  1:1   The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham:

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-15

This is very deep water for me currently.  Was Mary all that the RCC make of her?  Did GOD do a work as in the first Adam = 100% GOD?  Is Jesus not fully human if He did?  I'm strongly believing it was 100% from the hand of GOD in the womb of Mary, is that not honor enough for her?  In any event, that's where I'm currently at.  Also it just came to me  :)  John the Baptist was the greatest born of woman, but the least.........  So did we die to all that with Christ Jesus, and did we rise with Him into the reality of the first Adam minus the transgression and plus the tree of life within?

JS5777

Sep-16

We know that Priests were to ONLY marry women that were of the Tribe of Levi.

We also know that Elizabeth, the cousin of Mary, was married to a Priest, a Levite.

We also know that Joseph, the husband of Mary was of the Tribe of Judah.

Do we have any New Testament scripture that says that Mary was of the Tribe of Judah and NOT of the Tribe of Levi?

Shalom,

JS5777

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-17

JS5777 said:

Do we have any New Testament scripture that says that Mary was of the Tribe of Judah and NOT of the Tribe of Levi?

I believe that the genealogy in Mathew 1 and Luke 3 establish that both Joseph and Mary were descendants of David therefore was of the tribe of Judah and is the proper successor the the throne of David. 

Matthew 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

In Matthew 1:16 the genealogy says that “Jacob begot Joseph,” but Luke 3:23 says, “Joseph, the son of Heli.” Luke’s record was “according to law” (a literal translation of “as was supposed” in Luke 3:23), indicating that Joseph was not actually the son of Heli but was reckoned his son according to the law. Joseph was the son-in-law of Heli, Mary’s father. This may be a case according to Num. 27:1-8 and 36:1-12, in which a regulation was made by God that if any parents had only daughters as heirs, the inheritance would go to the daughters, who would then have to marry a man of their own tribe in order to keep their inheritance within that tribe. Even such a regulation in the Old Testament is related to the genealogy of Christ, showing that all Scripture is a record of Christ.