PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 8th   Bible discussions/all

Started Sep-8 by PAULFROMNYS; 115 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-8

The leading priests and the teachers of religious law saw these wonderful miracles and heard even the children in the Temple shouting, “Praise God for the Son of David.” But the leaders were indignant. (Matthew 21:15 NLT)

From the Mount of Olives He went, and in that meek and lowly way presented Himself as King. The fickle multitude, of course, jumped at earthly possibilities, and again the disciples are all in it. But when you get to Matthew 21:15, you get to the true situation in Israel among the Jews, and it will be found that even the fickle multitude will come to that presently when they discover that He did not mean a temporal, political kingdom at all. And when all that prospect seems to be more than doubtful, the crowd will join the ruler?s cry, “Away with Him!” The real thing deep down behind is in verse 15: the positive antagonism towards Him; no desire to have Him, of course stimulated by envy and jealousy. The place where it was really drawn out as to what people wanted was the Mount of Olives.... Really their thoughts and His are very far apart, and that becomes very clear in the end. The Mount of Olives first of all gets down into the truth as to what people are after. You never know the truth about a situation. It may look all right, it may seem to be quite favorable, but in fact it may be all wrong, false, and untrue. You never know until you obtain the heavenly position of higher ground, and then from that higher ground you can see the truth about things. That works in principle; that works in history. If you present the high ground of God?s full thought for His people and the hearts of the people are really set upon having a work for God down here that is flourishing and prosperous and well-spoken of, you find that people are really, after all, only going with Him so long as He comes into line with their ideas and ambitions. But immediately that runs counter to thoughts more earthly, thoughts even in relation to Him, something deeper rises up. They are not going to have that. You have seen that many times; you must not touch their things. They say it is for the Lord, but you must not touch it; it is their own. If you are not coming to help their thing or things with your ministry or presentation, of course they won?t have it, and it resolves itself into this: they won?t have Him; that is not the kind of Lord they want. They want a Lord who is going to make their thing for Him successful down here. You can only know and discriminate between the true and the false when you yourself are on the higher ground.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-8

Here is the reality of all sects, denominations, divisions of every type from the reality of Christ Jesus come in the flesh  =  But immediately that runs counter to thoughts more earthly, thoughts even in relation to Him, something deeper rises up. They are not going to have that. You have seen that many times; you must not touch their things. They say it is for the Lord, but you must not touch it; it is their own. If you are not coming to help their thing or things with your ministry or presentation, of course they won?t have it, and it resolves itself into this: they won?t have Him; that is not the kind of Lord they want. 

JS5777

Sep-9

Most Christian groups focus (and rightly so) on the fact the the Lord Jesus Christ came (past tense) in flesh, but woefully ignore the equally great significance of the fact that He is STILL coming (present tense) in flesh (ours) by the power of His Life (the Holy Spirit) which was in the blood that purchased the Church (Acts 20:28), doing its effective work in and through us, in order to take us from the fallen condition, back to the original image and likeness of God.

Failing to recognize the efficacy (in our entire being) of His blood and the power of the Life that is in the blood, sadly, has caused many to lose the richness of the savor (and aroma) of the Gospel (good news) that the Creator of the Universe, can indeed, make US to be His permanent habitation, and what THAT means, not only for ourselves, but also for our families, churches, communities, States, Nations and the entire World (seven levels in which the Kingdom of God should have an impact).

Because of losing the richness of the savor (and aroma) of the Gospel, the enemy has caused the testimony of the Gospel to be greatly diminished, and the results of THAT diminished testimony are becoming glaringly obvious in the world around us.

We should ALL be examining ourselves to more clearly understand the role that we should be fulfilling in not allowing the enemy to diminish the impact that the Gospel should be having at EVERY level of the manifestation of the power of HIS Life (in us), and THEN be faithful to fulfill EVERY detail that He has ordained for us, for His glory.

The faithfulness of the saints.

Mat 24:45, 25:21, 23; Luke 12:42, 16:10-12, 19:17; Acts 16:15; 1 Cor. 4:2, 17, 7:25; Gal. 3:9; Eph._1:1, 6:21; Col. 1:2, 7, 4:7, 9; 1 Tim. 1:12, 3:11, 6:2; 2 Tim. 2:2; Titus 1:6; Heb. 3:2, 5; 1 Pet. 5:12; 1 John 1:9; Rev. 2:10, 13, 17:14

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-9

Amen, pray for Fred James as  is in northern California with the fires.  It's not like him to not be posting.

JS5777

Sep-9

Oh, what part of Northern California is he in?

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 5
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-9

Hi brothers. I am in Crescent City in far northwest Cal. It is burning here but I am getting ready to head out on a month long trip to South Carolina and points in between to visit relatives. My posting may be sketchy for a while. Grace to you.

JS5777

Sep-10

It is SOO good to hear that you are OK, just drive safely and we look forward to hearing from you whenever you can write. It would also be a good thing for you to have someone of confidence to be able to give updates whenever you cannot.

We will also be praying for you and that you will be a blessing to friends and family and anyone/everyone that the Lord causes your path to cross.

Shalom,

JS5777

• Edited September 10, 2020 12:07 am  by  JS5777
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-10

Just prayed for one of our local sisters brother in law in Crescent City area last night, grace to you and all yours. 

In reply toRe: msg 7
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-10

Thank you James. My wife and I are traveling in an RV and I plan to keep up with the forum which I guess you could say is my "social media." I greatly enjoy this forum but from past experience have learned that traveling is distracting and it may appear at times that I have disappeared although I am in fact checking the forum several times per day. The Lord's blessing be with you brother.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-10

How strange. Crescent City is very small and very remote. There are around 4,000 souls in the city limit and 28,000 in the entire county, which is quite large. The official population of Crescent City is 8,000 but that includes 4,000 inmates in Pelican Bay State Prison.