PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GRMD #136   T. Austin Sparks

Started Sep-24 by PAULFROMNYS; 115 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-24

You notice how it begins. Take the third chapter. The third chapter of John was written when the Church had left its first love, when the Church had left its first position; when Christianity had taken on an altogether different complexion from what it had at the beginning. This chapter is the enunciation of a fundamental principle of the Christian life which needs to be recovered. We know this chapter - or we think we do. Of course, we know the words. Perhaps we are almost wearied with that name, Nicodemus. And yet - I do not exaggerate; please believe me - I speak the truth when I say that I come back to that Gospel of John, after having known it, and read it, and studied it, and spoken on it, for many, many years, and feel that we really have not grasped this - the Church has not grasped what is here. It would be impossible for the present situation amongst Christians and in Christianity in general to exist, if what is in the third chapter of John really obtained! I am not exaggerating; I cannot be too strong about this.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-25

PAULFROMNYS said:

Take the third chapter. The third chapter of John was written when the Church had left its first love,

So much in this chapter. A very religious person (Nicodemus), the Spirit, man's spirit, regeneration (you must be born again), Christ as a bronze serpent, and Christ as a bridegroom. 

Man's religion can never bring us to God. On the other hand, regeneration both brings God's life (the eternal life) and the divine nature into us by the Spirit, and terminates the evil nature of Satan in our flesh (the bronze serpent on the pole). This begins the life-long process of becoming the bride. He that has the bride is the Bridegroom. We must decrease and He must increase. This is transformation.

This chapter spans the whole Bible, from man's being injected with the serpent's venom in Genesis to the New Jerusalem (the bride) in Revelation 22. Praise the Lord!!! 

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-25

Amen Fred, excellent comment indeed  :)   This issue about the difference between Ephesians 4:14 to 15@16 seems to be at the heart of the Lords voice in these times.  I'm in the midst of a most difficult related issue presently, and would appreciate your prayers.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-19

Amen Paul. I'm still getting cought up from my long trip. Grace to you brother. 

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

That issue btw is being resolved rather beautifully.  Tomorrow I may have a very different perspective, but thank GOD my perspective is dead.

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-19

Hello Brother, 

I have a question - observation, on this chapter that you may be able to address.

Jesus said Repent for the Kingdom... then he said "you must be born again"  if we can look at the meaning of the original, repent means to change, but a total change, A citapiller to a butterfly metamorphosis kind of change. AS MUCH OF A CHANGE AS TO BE BORN AGAIN!

I truly think you are correct when you say many do not understand this verse. DO any understand what is involved in that kind of change. "I am crucified with Christ yet live, No me But Christ in me.   I feel ALL OF THEOLOGY can be stated

" What am I doing for Jesus, so others see Jesus in me, everyday, all the way, UNTIL THEN!

The question, Do you think this takes the change to far, am I over stating the whole idea?

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-20

Hello ((Revsre??))  Love your question, and your comment tells me you perfectly know the answer = no you are not overstating the idea, nor how incomprehensible the accomplishing of it is((Colossians 2:12)). I also think this addresses the question of; wood, hay, stubble((our sanctification by GOD)), and Gold, silver, precious jewels((our yieldedness bringing glory to the presence of Christ Jesus)).  This is at the heart of the law vs. grace = the "I" is dead, and the reality of the life given of GOD is manifesting through faith.  Does this make sense, or do we need to seek further clarification?  Also, what would you say pertaining to my initial question as regards body life? = 

Ephesians 4:16   from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

How would you understand:  "effectual working in the measure of every part"?

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-20

PAULFROMNYS said:     Also, what would you say pertaining to my initial question as regards body life? = Let me offer this part first the "Effectual working" on this verse is an illustration =  Just as the body parts work together in systematic order, every part doing its job supporting the related parts, We in the Body of CHrist must do the same. In the Greek text the word is only "working" effectual is a commentary ad in.

Does this make sense, or do we need to seek further clarification? 

You may not agree with this but I feel there is an eternity more here and People choose to reject the truth. But it cannot be explained in a paragraph. so here is my answer, please prayerfully consider what may sound different from "Normal Church Talk"

Who are We?

Be careful what you say. We so often say what sounds good and do not think through the meaning of the words.

Religion is the thought of humans reaching up to a god. It is based on traditions of men and the natural desire to know where we came from.

But, be sure you know “Who you are”;

We are the:

ε?κκλησι´α (ek-klay-see'-ah) “the called out ones” The Church;

called out from other people, out from the common and routine,

α?γιος (hag'-ee-os) “Holy People”,

called to be separate, sacred, a saint.

α?για´ζω  (hag-ee-ad'-zo) Sanctified  

called to be dedicated to serve and worship God.

We are a Holiness Sanctified Church more than just in name.

Saved by God's wondrous grace through faith.

Faith is when God's promise is real to me and I accept it without having to see evidence as proof.

By God's grace, this body is indwelled by the Holy Spirit and becomes a temple of God.

Indwelled by God the Holy Spirit we become a

Priest of the Most High God.

By Jesus love on the cross, we are adopted into the family of God.

Old things are passed away and forgotten by God; they will be remembered no more.  We are a new creature set apart for service to God.

As a child of God, we may come BOLDLY to the throne of Grace, as a child comes to a loving Father.

This is what sanctification means. If God is in us and we in HIM by the blood of Jesus We are HOLY because of God’s presence. Truly YIELDED to God continuously present in us is entire sanctification, and we pour out all his blessing to others all of our lives. Please do not make entire sanctification a state or status achieved by living a holy life.

IT IS SO much more.

If all the church could see Who We Are and the responsibilities of that office, We would move the world for Jesus. I would so like to see “The Called Out Ones” Holy. Sanctified, The Church, Truly understand “WHO WE ARE”. When God's Holy Spirit indwells you, as a child of God, as a Priest of the Most High, you must pour out that blessing on all the Lost.

We cannot become so separate, so set apart, we the do not have time and duty to witness to the Lost everyone – everywhere - we must be “called out” to “live a life so others can Jesus in me.”

Yes, there are many religious stories that sound the same.  

Yes, many religious ideas seem to copy or at least repeat the same thing.

God and man.                               Good and Evil.

Mercy and Cruelty.                       Love and Hate

Infinite and Finite.                         Justice and Anarchy.

Obedience and Disobedience     Right and Wrong.

Disciple and Indifferent.

There are and always have been two ways of thought and action that a person may follow. They are based on a single truth that has confounded people for all time.

1 - The self-existent Holy God is GOOD.

2 - The opposite or turn away from God is evil and sin.

This is not complicated evil / sin exist as the absence of God.

In science, we are told you cannot measure Darkness there is nothing there. Light is electromagnetic energy measured on the ångström scale. Light exists as energy, in its absence there is nothing.

The same is true with God's goodness and its absence evil.

From the idea of good and evil come many errors and problems. The main one (and always true) is to leave God out is evil.

Yes, there are many stories of creation that sound alike. Nevertheless, why do we have to jump right to the Bible copied and retold the stories of the ancient world. Now, stop a moment and consider; they all came from the same source. God created the world and Mankind, all of the ancient sources, Nations, cultures, and people are from the same story. Ok, slanted and reflecting their time and religious ideas some even rejecting the true God for their idols.

Genesis 4:26 says “then men began to profane the name of God”. I know your Bible says, “call on the name” the word there is profane. The act was to see all of creation as god. They began to worship the created order and not the God of creation.

{Read Hebrew Right to Left}                                                   
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-20

So, we live together or not based upon a certain knowledge of what is, or is not obedient behavior in the sight of GOD? Faith is also the substance of things hoped for. I don't know if I posed the question at the head of this response wrong, or that you framed it in the context of your answer.    Here is the question =  

Ephesians 4:16   from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

How would you understand:  "effectual working in the measure of every part"?

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-20

This is at the heart of the law vs. grace = the "I" is dead, and the reality of the life given of GOD is manifesting through faith. 

Also, what would you say pertaining to my initial question as regards body life? = 

"Effectual working" on this verse is an illustration =  Just as the body parts work together in systematic order, every part doing its job supporting the related parts, We in the Body of CHrist must do the same. In the Greek text the word is only "working" effectual is a commentary ad in.

What I wrote was an attempt at further clarification.