PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 12th   Bible discussions/all

Started Oct-12 by PAULFROMNYS; 109 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

The things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 2:2,3 NIV)

We may have our different aspects of work. There are those Levites whose ministry is, shall I say, more essentially spiritual; it may belong to the vessels of the sanctuary. There are others whose work is in another direction. Mine it may be to mainly minister in the Word of the Lord, what a lot of people would call “the spiritual ministry,” (I repudiate that suggestion that spiritual ministry is bound up with people who preach – that is not spiritual ministry only). There may be others who minister in other spheres such as business life or household work. The Levites were divided into sections of different kinds of work. Some had the rougher work, the heavy bars and boards of the tabernacle, more physically strenuous than the carrying of the pots and the pans and the golden vessels and implements; but it was all Levitical work, they were all one people, one tribe. Responsibility rested upon all equally, for all these parts made one ministry. And so your sphere, your work and mine may differ, but it is one ministry, one calling, one responsibility, one testimony. This emphasis is upon taking it, assuming it, regarding ourselves as being responsible people in the testimony of the Lord. I am sure the Lord?s heart must long for that. I am sure that often He has had, in looking at me, to say, “Oh, I wish I could trust him more! I wish he were more reliable, more responsible!” And I know that as I have looked at many of the Lord?s people I have said, “I wish that they did not need so much looking after; if only they would begin to stand on their own feet, and take responsibility, so that we need not worry about them anymore, because we know that they can be trusted!” They need urging and encouraging; and all the time following up and putting right, because they have taken offence, and so on. If only they would take the responsibility and go right on in these things and not need to be looked after. How much more progress the testimony would make! Now may the Lord give us the grace to take our share in the sufferings as good soldiers of Jesus Christ, to be strengthened with the grace that is in Christ Jesus, to bear the testimony of the Lord. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-12

TA Sparks said:

Responsibility rested upon all equally, for all these parts made one ministry. And so your sphere, your work and mine may differ, but it is one ministry, one calling, one responsibility, one testimony.

One of the great matters in the New Testament is the one ministry. There is one Body and one Spirit. This one Body is doing one thing and speaking one thing. I think this is logical.  

2 Corinthians  4:1   Therefore having this ministry as we have been shown mercy, we do not lose heart;

This ministry, this service, is to dispense Christ to one another in whatever we are doing, preaching the gospel, speaking the truth, washing toilets, or in our day by day living. We are here for the work of the ministry to build up the Body of Christ.

Ephesians  4:12   For the perfecting of the saints unto the work of the ministry, unto the building up of the Body of Christ,

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

Yes, amen.  This is exactly what is coming to the forefront.  All hell is against it, for in it lay the foundational realities of the two great commandments and in it is the order of Matthew 5:19 realized and real, and in it the devils designs upon men are rendered impotent.  Good to hear from you Fred, is everything OK?  

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

What can we say regarding our need in this fight?  T. Austin gets our noses pointed in the right direction in his October 6th exhortation.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

I'm thinking that to understand and appreciate every member and what they bring.  I'm believing that each of us has heightened sensitivity as regards one or another aspect of our Lords dealings with us.  Then that important response or input is ministered to the edification and growth of all.  It begins with esteeming others better and becomes increasingly effective in Ephesians 4:16 by the unstoppable grace of GOD.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-13

Everything is ok. I just returned from a 7300 mile road trip to South Carolina and back with my wife. Good to be home and back in fellowship with you. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-13

PAULFROMNYS said:

I'm thinking that to understand and appreciate every member and what they bring. 

The Body of Christ, which is expressed as local churches, is a mystery which is being worked out in our time. Local churches are being raised up all over the earth, and these churches express the one Body.

All genuine believers are members of Christ, but upon what ground do we meet together? This is a great test.

Romans 12:4   For just as in one body we have many members, and all the members do not have the same function,
12:5   So we who are many are one Body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Romans 16:1   I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a deaconess of the church which is in Cenchrea,

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

I'll give that a huge AMEN, missed you alot brother.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

TAS makes the point that the Church is made up of all born again believers in whatever setting they are found,  I believe that, and add the the call to come out of false coverings and gather together is intensifying as the day draws near.

In reply toRe: msg 9
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

I wish those reading these things would share, amen would be edifying as would yeah but, and what does that mean etc.  It's just good to get the sense of being in it together.