PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Question   Bible discussions/belief

Started Oct-15 by PAULFROMNYS; 62 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-15

Ephesians 4:16   from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

How would you understand:  "effectual working in the measure of every part"?

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-15

PAULFROMNYS said:

There is such a thing as the actual, real, genuine, Body of Christ. This Body is not organized but is organic. It is the result of the growth in life of each member. By the growth in life each member becomes a functioning member of this corporate expression of Christ, who is the embodiment of the Triune God. Each member has a measure of the life of Christ, and each member has a function in the context of the corporate expression of Christ. This universal Body is expressed locally, as local churches.

Ephesians 1:22   And He subjected all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church,
 1:23   Which is His Body, the fullness of the One who fills all in all.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-15

I agree.  I'm looking to see this more clearly by the grace of GOD as I believe it will help us to appreciate and esteem one another increasingly.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-15

I am many, many posts behind. I'm just jumping into where it seems we are at here. I do believe that the matter of the church, what is the church, how do we practice the church-life, is the crucial matter of our time. May we all receive grace to stay up to date with God's move. He is building His church. No doubt about it.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-15

Amen, most exciting, and challenging times for sure.

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-20

1. Effectual the word is not in the Greek text, it is supplied as a clarifier to "Working" meaning all functioning together Properly.

Eph 4:12  for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 
Eph 4:13  until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. 

This Effectual, Proper, effective, smooth normal working is am illustration, AS the body works so well together let the body of Christ also work together in all its parts. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-20

REVSRE said:

This Effectual, Proper, effective, smooth normal working is am illustration

Paul is the only New Testament writer to use the term "Body of Christ." More than an illustration, it is a revelation of the organism of the union of God and man. We all must receive this revelation. This was Paul's burden and ministry.

Ephesians 3:3   That by revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I have written previously in brief,
 3:4   By which, in reading it, you can perceive my understanding in the mystery of Christ,

3:9   And to enlighten all that they may see what the economy of the mystery is, which throughout the ages has been hidden in God, who created all things,

I believe this would be a more accurate translation of Ephesians 4:16

Ephesians  4:16   Out from whom all the Body, being joined together and being knit together through every joint of the rich supply and through the operation in the measure of each one part, causes the growth of the Body unto the building up of itself in love.