PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #16   In-the-News

Started Oct-16 by PAULFROMNYS; 22 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

Now, of course, you know that I am talking about the third chapter of the Gospel by John. I am quite sure that this man, Nicodemus, would have had an awful shock if he had been told that he was the man without the wedding garment, but this chapter makes it perfectly clear that it was Nicodemus. The only difference between Nicodemus and the man in the feast was that the latter got in and was thrown out, but the unborn-again Nicodemus never got in at all. Now, you note that it was about the Kingdom that Nicodemus was concerned. He was a very religious man, and highly educated, a man held in high esteem amongst the men of this world. Perhaps you would have found no fault with him, but Jesus said to him, without any hesitation: "Except a man be born from above, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God" (John 3:3), and: "Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God" (John 3:5). Far from being able to ENTER, he cannot even SEE!

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-20

PAULFROMNYS said:

Perhaps you would have found no fault with him, but Jesus said to him, without any hesitation: "Except a man be born from above, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God" (John 3:3), and: "Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God" (John 3:5).

This shows that the kingdom of God is not a political kingdom, but a realm of life. The plant kingdom consists of the plant life. The animal kingdom consists of the animal life. In the same way, the kingdom of God consists of the life of God. To enter this kingdom, you must be born of God with God's life and nature. To see this kingdom, you also must be begotten of God. This is regeneration. 

Ephesians  4:17   This therefore I say and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk as the Gentiles also walk in the vanity of their mind,
 4:18   Being darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance which is in them, because of the hardness of their heart;

Nicodemus may have been and I am sure he was, a very good person. Nevertheless, he was alienated from the life of God. He needed to be regenerated, to receive God in Christ as the Spirit into his spirit. This is to be born of the Spirit.

John  3:6   That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-20

you said:   This shows that the kingdom of God is not a political kingdom, but a realm of life. The plant kingdom consists of the plant life. The animal kingdom consists of the animal life. In the same way, the kingdom of God consists of the life of God. 

Amen, His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts FAR, FAR above ours.  Until we turn, and acknowledge this simple truth and begin the workings our Father in establishing us in all they mean pertaining to each of us as individuals.