PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 18th   Bible discussions/all

Started Oct-19 by PAULFROMNYS; 18 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes. (2 Corinthians 2:10,11 NIV)

Perhaps one of the most significant things to any who are “not ignorant of his (Satan?s) devices” is that there never has been a specially spiritual movement of God in the earth, calculated to serve Him in a particularly useful way, but what Satan?s animosity thereto has been manifested along the line of division, schism, discord, separation, and a breaking down of fellowship. And how often has the real sting and stigma been modified by a feigning love unbroken and preserved, when the divided parties should have no association with each other in the things of God. Love, let us again say emphatically, is incumbent upon the Lord?s people toward “all men,” whether of the “household” or otherwise (Gal. 6:10), but fellowship is something more. It is the most spiritual things which suffer the greatest shocks in this matter, and again we say this carries its own satanic significance. The methods of the enemy are numberless, the “wiles” unfathomable by human wit. A suggestion of suspicion, if it finds lodgment, is enough to completely paralyze the work of God and spiritual progress. Have a doubt and you are done. There never was a time when positive spiritual work was more jeopardized by suspicion than now. It would seem that hell is largely employed in issuing forth smoke, clouds, vapors, mists of suspicion, question, reservation, in order to infect with uncertainty, mystification, prejudice, fear, discrediting, distrust, aloofness. It is in the “heavenlies” that this is most registered; that is, the higher ranges of spiritual things. It is an atmosphere, and it is everywhere. You sense it wherever you go. In some places it is stifling – there is no clear breath of the Spirit, and a word of Life is almost choked back. Of course, this is no new thing, although now so intensified. The New Testament is full of it. The Lord Jesus met it – not in spiritual people, only in religious people. John met it. Paul met it in every direction. It was made to circle round his person, his methods, his character, and his message. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-19

Nevertheless, the eternal, indestructible, incorruptible life will prevail. 

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead; and He placed His right hand on me, saying, Do not fear; I am the First and the Last
 1:18   And the living One; and I became dead, and behold, I am living forever and ever; and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

Also, our God is a God who works in the dark. Satan's work is open, militant, noisy, and seems to be everywhere. The divine life is growing in secret, quietly, unseen and nondescript.

1 Kings 8:12 Then Solomon said, Jehovah has said that He would dwell in deep darkness.

Consider, God delivered His people from Satan's tyranny in the darkness.

Exodus 12:42  It was for Jehovah a night of watching, to bring them out from the land of Egypt. That same night is a night of watching to Jehovah for all the children of Israel throughout their generations.

and He gave them the law in darkness,

Deuteronomy  5:22   These words Jehovah spoke to all your congregation on the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the deep darkness, with a great voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them upon two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

and redeemed all mankind through the death of His Son in the darkness,

Mark 15:33  And when the sixth hour came, darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour.

When things seem to be the darkest, be assured God is working. This is our Wonderful God and this is our faith. 

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

Fred shared:  Also, our God is a God who works in the dark. Satan's work is open, militant, noisy, and seems to be everywhere. The divine life is growing in secret, quietly, unseen and nondescript.

Amen, never noticed it stated that way in scripture.  GOD seems to be very determined that any response to Him be very deep and genuine.  He woos continually with that in mind, whereas Satan goes for his desired response by any means necessary.