PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GRMD #155   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-21 by PAULFROMNYS; 25 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-21

Now that, as we saw, relates to the new birth of the individual: the individual Christian is essentially constituted a spiritual being by the work of the Holy Spirit. And what is true of the individual is true of the aggregate of the born-anew: the Church is something born of the Holy Spirit and therefore is a spiritual thing. That does not mean that it is abstract. I have heard someone, praying in a meeting, make the petition that the message should not be 'so spiritual that it was hidden and not manifest'. Well, we know exactly what he meant and are in full agreement, and I am not putting him right when I say that it is impossible for anything to be spiritual and not manifest. Can the Holy Spirit be present, active, living, and no one know it? What is spiritual is not just abstract, indefinite; something intangible, in the air, like a vapour or a cloud. What is spiritual is terrific, it is mighty; and so, when the Church was really a spiritual body, it was - and the word can be well applied - it was terrific.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-21

TA Sparks said:

Now that, as we saw, relates to the new birth of the individual: the individual Christian is essentially constituted a spiritual being by the work of the Holy Spirit. And what is true of the individual is true of the aggregate of the born-anew: the Church is something born of the Holy Spirit and therefore is a spiritual thing.

This is quite logical. All genuine believers have received the same Lord, the same Spirit, and have the same Father, the same hope and the same faith and been baptized with the same baptism.  

We have noted in several other posts that the Father's house in John 14, the Vine with its branches in John 15, and the newborn man in John 16 are all speaking of the same thing, a corporate, organic, person consisting of God in Christ as the Spirit mingled with man. In John 14 the emphasis is on God's dwelling place, in John 15 the emphasis is on life, and in John 16 the emphasis is on the Person. In John 17 Jesus prayed for this.

John 14:2   In My Father’s house are many abodes; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

John 15:5   I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing.

John 16:21  A woman, when she gives birth, has sorrow because her hour has come; but when she brings forth the little child, she no longer remembers the affliction because of the joy that a man has been born into the world.

John 17:21  That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-21

What can I say:   AMEN  :)