PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #17   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-21 by PAULFROMNYS; 55 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-21

There is something about this Kingdom of God that necessitates having an altogether new constitution. We are hearing a great deal in our times about outer space, and we send men into it. Have you seen pictures of those men? You can hardly recognize that they are men! They are so laden with artificial apparatus that you can hardly see them. They have no natural qualification for living in outer space, and have to have artificial lungs. In a sense, they have to be reconstituted upon another principle. That is just an illustration of John chapter 3. Jesus might have said to Nicodemus: 'Nicodemus, if you got into the Kingdom of God you would die. You have not the equipment to live in that rare atmosphere.' That is very simple. If you had to bring a man or a woman whose life is in this world, to whom this world is everything, into a meeting like this, where we are singing these wonderful hymns and talking about these heavenly things, you know, the eyes of that man or that woman would be on the door all the time. They would be wriggling in their seats and saying: 'I will be glad when this is all over and I can get out. Let me get out of this as soon as I can!' You see what I mean? They are not constituted according to the realm of God.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-21

TA Sparks said:

There is something about this Kingdom of God that necessitates having an altogether new constitution.

Again, the kingdom of God is a realm of life. We must receive this life to enter this kingdom. 

1 John  5:11   And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son.
 5:12   He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-21

Plain and simple = the kingdom of GOD is the lord Jesus Christ.

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-21

When we study the New Testament idea of a kingdom It is necessary to remember that a kingdom made be considered from several different views.

1st We may consider the kingdom from the view of the king that rules that kingdom. This is the man who has been placed in charge of the government.

2 nd We may consider The kingdom from the standpoint of a people that are ruled in a particular country. These people Have allowed or appointed a person to be there king.

3rd we can look at the kingdom as an area of land a country. They geographic location of a country is often used to refer to that Kingdom.

4th and final idea for a kingdom is to consider the authority to rule that kingdom. It is often said that a person that was to become the king went off to a higher authority where he was given his kingdom not the people nor the land area but in fact the authority from a higher power for him to rule the country.

When Jesus came, we have the Kingdom (βασιλει´α) power and authority to rule presented to the Gentile. 

1 Peter 2:9 (NKJV) But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;  7c (Kings and Priest, RCH Lenski, Lutheran Literary Board, Burlington, IA   1927) page 9

When John and Jesus began preaching the royal power of God this was offering the place of honor and the power to rule with Christ for eternity, first to the Jews, the Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah. Then to the gentiles, a new branch grafted into the true Israel as the chosen people. The Spiritual Israel, the Church will rule with Christ in eternity not the NATION of Israel.

For a Jew in the first century, the kingdom of God meant the restoration of the shekinah glory (3), the return from exile, and the defeat of Israel’s national enemies. 4 But Jesus scandalously redefined these expectations. When Israel was taken into exile and Solomon’s temple destroyed, the dwelling of God’s shekinah glory was displaced from the Holy of Holies. The promise of the coming kingdom meant the restoration of the glorious presence. But when the second Temple was built, the shekinah glory never came. Jesus asserted that Herod’s construction was redundant, affirming that His own body was the true temple (Mt. 12:5; 26:61). The shekinah glory tabernacled among us (Jn. 1:14) and continues to inhabit the earth through God’s people for our body is the temple of God indwelled by the Holy Spirit (17:22).

Paul wrote that the glory of God is seen in the face of Jesus Christ, 2 Cor. 4:6, and this glory is reflected by the church, which constitutes God’s temple on earth; cf. Eph. 2:21. Ezekiel witnessed the departure of the glory of God; how important it is for us to maintain holy lives of radiant testimony so that others may see His Glory reside in, and radiate out, from us.

"The Indwelling of the Spirit" makes the believers body a temple for the indwelling of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Shekinah Glory (Ro 8:9-111 Cor. 3:166:19-20;2 Cor. 6:16).

The Holy Spirit indwells every believer in order to provide a temple for the indwelling of the Shekinah Glory, the Lord Jesus Christ, which serves as the principle of victory over the indwelling old sin nature.

According to Jewish tradition, the Messiah would enter through the East Gate (see, for example, Ezekiel 43:1–5). Christians also celebrate Jesus' entry through the East Gate into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday (Luke 19:35–38). In the Book of Acts, the East Gate is called the Beautiful Gate (Acts 3:2–10), it was the place where the glory of God (the Shekinah) entered the temple, and where Jesus the Glory of God entered the New Covenant.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-21

I say it is Jesus Christ because every bit of it is Him, and every bit of it would have it no other way.  Whatever is involved in others, location, function etc. is to each of us what He says it is. We strive desperately for that here, and realize it in eternity.  This is in no way, shape, or form an abandoment of personal free will, it is in fact the highest most perfect expression of same.  I think it safe to say that we approach the things of GOD differently Randy, so I believe we'll go through a period of adjustment,  I'm game if you are :)

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-21

Contemplative prayer is where God reveals Himself to us on a personal level.  We begin to “hear” the still small voice of the Spirit of God as He speaks to us in our spirit.  He illuminates our mind and gives us revelation of His divine nature, as well as His plans and purposes.  The reason is because this type of prayer focuses completely on God and on spending large amounts of time simply pondering the person of God.

It will not work if a person already has their mind made up as to what they know and believe. I search for truth, from many sources, in prayer and Bible study, but I truly try not to make up my mind that I know or have the final answer.  I try to stay open to God leading me, at times I wake in the night with an answer I have been praying about and have to write it down. God does answer prayer. Still I have a lot of good questions and am still seeking answers.  I have found many forum enviorments where people cannot get past 1. What they know. 2. What their church teaches. 3. What they want to believe. 

I left all that long ago. I seek truth, what does the WORD truly say. I base my study on Hebrew and Greek original meanings. You must know who said it, when in time and culture, what was the occasion for the discussion, what did th original speaker mean.  The "Then and now" what did it mean in it historical setting and WHAT MAY IT MEAN TO US NOW.

Less than this will yield a study of " my opinion ", and no be worth much.

I do not at all care what people believe, think,or want I only seek truth.  If we can study together on that level we will keep working to find truth.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-21

Sure we can, it may take alot of:  I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.   But when the dust settles there is no doubt we can do it through the one who did.

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-21

The Kingdom of God is Jesus Chriet.

Here I fully agree. But from my first point, He is the KING. He said the Father have Him all power in heaven and earth.  Still there are other ways to see the kingdom and possibly our place in it. We are included in the authority to rule. We are: 

Saved by Grace through Faith,

Indwelled by the Holy Spirit,

Thus body becomes the temple of God,

And we become Priest Of The Most High GOD.

We are adopted into the very family of God, heirs of God joint heirs with Christ, we have The Royal Authority but as a Royal Priesthood to rule with Jesus. 

Just two different ways to view "a Kingdom"

That is real. And if that is not shouting ground I missed something.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-21

Amen, all very true in the person of our Lord Jesus.  Our exhortations are not to the letter in obedience originating from ourselves((dead)), but by our knowing our sufficiency in Christ by faith = Spirit.  As we learn to yield ever more deeply to His presence His knowing of us becomes sealed in genuine relationship.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-21

Randy (REVSRE) said:

That is real. And if that is not shouting ground I missed something.

This is indeed shouting ground. PRRRAAAAAIIIIISE the LOOOOOOOOORD!!!!!!!!!

That's called a "ringing shout"

Revelation  1:5   And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood
 1:6   And made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be the glory and the might forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation  3:21   He who overcomes, to him I will give to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat with My Father on His throne