PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #17   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-22 by PAULFROMNYS; 61 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

There is something about this Kingdom of God that necessitates having an altogether new constitution. We are hearing a great deal in our times about outer space, and we send men into it. Have you seen pictures of those men? You can hardly recognize that they are men! They are so laden with artificial apparatus that you can hardly see them. They have no natural qualification for living in outer space, and have to have artificial lungs. In a sense, they have to be reconstituted upon another principle. That is just an illustration of John chapter 3. Jesus might have said to Nicodemus: 'Nicodemus, if you got into the Kingdom of God you would die. You have not the equipment to live in that rare atmosphere.' That is very simple. If you had to bring a man or a woman whose life is in this world, to whom this world is everything, into a meeting like this, where we are singing these wonderful hymns and talking about these heavenly things, you know, the eyes of that man or that woman would be on the door all the time. They would be wriggling in their seats and saying: 'I will be glad when this is all over and I can get out. Let me get out of this as soon as I can!' You see what I mean? They are not constituted according to the realm of God.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-22

PAULFROMNYS said:

If you had to bring a man or a woman whose life is in this world, to whom this world is everything, into a meeting like this, where we are singing these wonderful hymns and talking about these heavenly things.

When we received the Lord we received a life that is a corporate life. We have been transformed out on one realm, and into another realm. Formerly we lived an individualistic life in and for ourselves. Now, we love to meet with the saints and be one with the saints. 

Colossians 1:12   Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you for a share of the allotted portion of the saints in the light;
 1:13   Who delivered us out of the authority of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

It is encouraging to be reminded of such things bearing witness to the work of our Lord in us.

Randy (REVSRE)

Oct-22

PAULFROMNYS said:

There is something about this Kingdom of God that necessitates having an altogether new constitution.

OK, I have more questions than answers but I askand  PRAY you will consider the problem and help me see how t best state this,

Who is a Christian, A member of the Kingdom?

I say,  Saved by GRACE through FAITH,

We are indwelled with the HOLY SPIRIT, 

This BODY becomes the temple of GOD, 

And We are a Priest of the Most High GOD,

We are Adopted in the very Family of God heirs of God joint heirs with Jesus,

OLD THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY to be remembered by GOD no more.

The change of Repentance is a change of MAGINTUDE A change from a caterpillar to A butterfly. It is such a big change Jesus called it Born Again  Such a change as to allow US to be called the Children of GOD, a Priest of the Most High, A royal representative of THE KINGDOM, Carries with it a GREAT RESPONSIBILITY, A Birthright Responsibility.  It has always been the job of the priest to being the people to the Throne of Worship, to lead the people to God and to follow His ways. In Christ, A new creature, We have that responsibility. Jesus said I go away and the Spirit will come AND YOU WILL DO GREATER THINGS= You will Represent the KINGDOM to the WORLD.

You, I am sure see my point, There is a lot in being a Christian that has not been included in Sunday School.

If we focus on EVIL / SIN and how man is totally depraved ... How will we ever KNOW HOLY. It seems to me that to truly KNOW HOLY we need to be; to live; to stand before GOD; WE NEED TO KNOW GOD TO KNOW HOLY.

Which Church would you want to be a part of ?

1 Totally Depraved cannot know God He must do it all for you.

2. We are God's Children saved by Grace, indwelled by the Spirit, Priest of the Most High in the Temple of God, Adopted into the FAMILY Children of GOD, Royal priesthood to Rule with JESUS.

BUT, BUT there is a BIRTHRIGHT responsibility with that second choice, WE MUST tell others the WONDERS of SALVATION, JESUS LOVE, and THE KINGDOM. There is no excuse no exception it is the YOU WILL DO MORE THAT  JESUS SPOKE OF.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

All true, and the warning about not judging or stumbling one another are this =  Being born again is a shift from the foundation of life being self to the Lord Jesus Christ.  There is then the work of that source in the transformation of the believers soul.  A problem arises when one born again believer asserts his assessment of others status, not by the Spirit of GOD, but rather in his old dead self espousing the letter,  having drifted from his first love. GOD will not have this in the family of faith.  So while we must exhort one another to the realities of the life given us, we ought be sure that we are doing so in truth and Spirit as regards to the source and power of these exhortations.  It is a very narrow way, and maturity in these things is extremely precious.  This is why I share the offerings of T. Austin Sparks so much = in my 45years since GOD revealed His Son in me, I've never heard any express the truth with more clarity and power.  To me he is akin to Paul's ministry in his generation.  

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

Randy (REVSRE) said:

OK, I have more questions than answers but I askand  PRAY you will consider the problem and help me see how t best state this, Who is a Christian, A member of the Kingdom?

Again, I don't claim to be the expert, but according to my understanding, in short:

The kingdom of the heavens, according to Matthew 13, has three aspects.

1. The reality of the kingdom: all those born of the Spirit, who grow in life, holding the Head, walking and having their living  by the Spirit. These is the good earth, those who hear the word and understands and bear fruit. (Matthew 13:23)

2. The appearance of the kingdom. This is the mustard which grows into a great tree, the leavened loaf, and the tares. They look like the kingdom outwardly, but are false.

3. The manifestation of the kingdom. In the kingdom age, the millennial kingdom, all those who lived in the reality are manifested in the kingdom age. The soil by the way, the rocky soil, the thorny soil will have to go through further dealing during the kingdom age. Think the foolish virgins or the unfaithful slaves in Matthew 24.

This is the very, very short abridged presentation, but contains the key thought.

For the slave in Luke 12:42-48 there are two possibilities:

First possibility: 

Luke 12:42  And the Lord said, Who then is the faithful and prudent steward, whom the master will set over his service to give them their portion of food at the proper time?
12:43  Blessed is that slave whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing.
12:44  Truly I tell you that he will set him over all his possessions.

Second possibility:

Luke 12:45  But if that slave says in his heart, My master is delaying his coming, and begins to beat the male servants and the female servants and to eat and to drink and become drunk, 
12:46  The master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, and will cut him asunder, and will appoint his portion with the unbelievers.
12:47  And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not prepare or do according to his will, will receive many lashes
;

Both of these possibilities exist for all true believers. The first possibility is that the slave will reign with the Lord during the millennium, or be rewarded with the manifestation of the kingdom.. The second possibility is that the slave may have to experience further dealing (will receive many lashes). Eventually all believers will be brought on to maturity and will be in the New Jerusalem.

Hebrews  6:1   Therefore leaving the word of the beginning of Christ, let us be brought on to maturity,

12:28  Therefore receiving an unshakable kingdom, let us have grace, through which we may serve God well-pleasingly with piety and fear;
12:29  For our God is also a consuming fire.