PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #18   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-23 by PAULFROMNYS; 36 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-23

So the Kingdom of God is what God is in His own nature. It is not just a sphere in which God rules as an autocrat. It is the realm in which God's nature is expressed. Peter spoke about His "precious and exceeding great promises through which ye may become partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4), and that is only another way of speaking about the Kingdom of God, or the Kingdom of Heaven.

Now we come to the real message for now.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD THE RULE OF DIVINE LIGHT

What is God like? If the Kingdom of God is the realm where God's nature rules, this opens a door to very many things. I only want to speak of one of those things now, but it is a matter of fundamental importance. It is the matter which just went to the heart of Nicodemus' case. The Scripture says: "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5), so the Kingdom of God is the rule of Divine light, but Divine light has always been a focal point of intense conflict.

The Bible opens with a conflict. There is a state of things in nature which God attacks - He begins to make a tremendous assault upon a condition of things, and the first attack of God was upon darkness. "Darkness was upon the face of the deep", and I do not think that God just looked at that darkness and in a very soft voice said: 'Let us have some light.' I believe that there was an angry look on His face and He said: 'Let light be! This is a situation that I never intended to exist and which I will not tolerate. It is a contradiction to My very nature.' So the Divine fiat was uttered in a strong voice: "Let there be light!" Do you think I am reading something into the story? No, I have the whole Bible behind me to support what I am saying. That is why I gave you 2 Corinthians 4:3-6, and if you can listen to the tone in the voice of the Apostle Paul when he is saying those words, you would not find anything very meek and mild - "The god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving LEST the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ should dawn upon them." This darkness is the work of the devil, and God is against it.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-23

2 Corinthians 4:3-6   But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

TA Sparks said:

The Bible opens with a conflict. There is a state of things in nature which God attacks - He begins to make a tremendous assault upon a condition of things, and the first attack of God was upon darkness.

This is a tremendous point. The Bible begins with God's creation. The second verse in the Bible presents the earth under God's judgement, not as He created it. In the same way, we are born in Adam, under God's judgement. At some point, if God is merciful, He will brood over us and present Himself to us as light. In the third verse of the Bible God begins His recovery, "Let there be light."

This is the one who shined into our hearts. 

2 Corinthians 4:6   Because the God who said, Out of darkness light shall shine, is the One who shined in our hearts to illuminate the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

We do not need more Bible knowledge in doctrines, we need more light.

1 John 1:5 And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

wonder how long creation existed in darkness before GOD did this???????  Of course, no way of knowing, so we ought not try to date things, except the generations from the fall to the present.  How long Adam was in the garden before the fall is also unknowable.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

I have learned not to worry about the things which are not in the Bible. The duration of the interval between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is not specified.

Deuteronomy 29:29  The things that are hidden belong to Jehovah our God; but the things that are revealed, to us and our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

Nice scripture, never got ahold of that one; thanks brother :)