PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GRMD #158   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-24 by PAULFROMNYS; 16 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

What is the Church, from Heaven's standpoint? Heaven does not look upon the matter in the light of these titles, and these sections, and these departments, and these bodies, and these divisions; it does not look at it like that at all. Heaven ignores all that, and looks for members of Christ, born-again children of God, spiritual people, in their constitution by new birth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. And wherever Heaven sees those - whether it be in an 'ism', or an '-ic', or an '-an', or anything else - that is the Church, and you and I have got to adjust to that. A CONGREGATION is not the Church, but WITHIN a congregation the Church may be represented by only two people. Out of 100 people gathered in what is called a church, 98 may be unsaved people, though adherents and communicants and all the rest, and two may be born-again ones. Those two are the Church, and the others are not! That is what the Church is. It is constituted by the Holy Spirit bringing through to new birth spiritually-made people.

I said Heaven ignores the other. In a sense that is true, but maybe in another sense it is not true, because Heaven will judge the other as a false thing. In a sense, however, Heaven ignores, and I say this because it is a thing that you and I have got to do: meet people - no matter in what they are; you may not agree with it, you may think it is false; you have got to ignore that - meet people on the ground of Christ, have to do with them, as far as you can, solely on the ground that they belong to the Lord. Our only enquiry has got to be: 'Do you belong to the Lord? are you born again?' That is all. And then, if they say, 'I am a so-and-soist: what are you?', we must reply, 'That does not matter; leave that out. We belong to the Lord: let us be content with this.' Until you and I can do that, we are held in the lifeless grip of a thing that has lost its spiritual power - because it has lost its true identity, its true nature, which was SPIRITUAL. Yes, we must adjust to Heaven's point of view. I am really only giving you the Letter to the Ephesians! That is how it is seen in Heaven.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

Romans 12:18    If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

TA Sparks said:

What is the Church, from Heaven's standpoint?

Jesus asked "Who do you say that I am?" Here, Sparks is asking, "Who do you say that the church is?" 

Is there a right church and a wrong church? No. But there is something in the universe which Jesus refers to as "My church." It is more that a congregation, it is more than a called out assembly, it embodies God in Christ as the Spirit. No one can join this church, you must be born into it. 

1 Peter  1:23   Having been regenerated not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible, through the living and abiding word of God.

2:5   You yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

yes, amen, you must be born into, and if you are, then you are the church, and if your not, your not the church.