PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #19   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-24 by PAULFROMNYS; 20 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

I repeat that the first attack of God was made upon darkness, and the natural is a parable of the spiritual. You know that throughout the whole Bible redemption is centred in light, as the redemption of the natural earth was by light. The first phase of the redemption of the earth was by reason of warfare against darkness, or light overcoming darkness.

You can take up that principle right through your Bible. I can only touch on a few points now. We were hearing about Abraham this morning, and Abraham was another movement of God's rule concerning His Kingdom, and that new movement in redemption was on the basis of light. Our brother called it vision, but it is the same thing. Light is vision, and vision is light. It was left to the great martyr Stephen to tell us how this happened: "The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia" - if you like, "when he was in darkness" - (Acts 7:2). The God of glory APPEARED, showed Himself. Abraham had his eyes opened to see the God of glory, and all the great redemptive work of God went forward through Abraham on that basis. It was a marvellous illumination! Jesus said to the Jews: "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see MY day" (John 8:56). What a light Abraham came into! He was a great key to the whole plan of redemption.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

Wow, he opened his eyes to see the GOD of glory, or the one true GOD, and through that portal look what GOD has done: WOW.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

TA Sparks said:

I repeat that the first attack of God was made upon darkness, and the natural is a parable of the spiritual. You know that throughout the whole Bible redemption is centred in light, as the redemption of the natural earth was by light.

I think this implies that there was something cataclysmic that happened between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. We attempted to have a thread on this subject but it did not get very far. 

The Hebrew does not indicate that Jehovah created the earth waste and empty and covered with water and darkness, but that it "became" that way, sometime after creation. It is the same word as used in 19:26 do describe Lot's wife becoming a pillar of salt.

Genesis  1:2   But the earth became (Hebrew: hayah) waste and emptiness, and darkness was on the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was brooding upon the surface of the waters.

Genesis 19:26  But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became (Hebrew: hayah) a pillar of salt.

ha¯ya¯h: A verb meaning to exist, to be, to become, to happen, to come to pass, to be done. Complete Word Study Bible

This means that God did not create the earth empty and dark and buried in water, but that it became that way through Satan's rebellion, and God's judgement. What follows then is a recovery of the God created earth by the moving of the Spirit through the Word in which is light and life. Our understanding of the whole Bible is adjusted by this simple point.

There is much Scriptural support for this interpretation. What stands in the way is religious tradition and man's natural understanding of Genesis chapters 1 and 2.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

TA Sparks said:

You can take up that principle right through your Bible.

The principle is this: God creates, Satan corrupts, and God comes in to recover the corrupted creation. This is redemption.

Genesis may be divided into three sections, each beginning with a name:

1. In the beginning God. (Genesis 1:1)

2. Now the serpent. (Genesis 3:1)

3. Now Jehovah. (Genesis 12:1)

God created, Satan corrupted, and Jehovah came in to call fallen man to Himself to redeem, save, and glorify His creation to express God and represent God and deal with His enemy Satan to recover the fallen earth. 

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

yep, a bane to all our hope in GOD is the intrusion of the well meaning soulish man.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

amen, and we have zero idea when this began according to our natural thinking.  In the Spirit it is an insignificant consideration.