PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GRMD #160   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-26 by PAULFROMNYS; 33 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-26

John said that he was "in the isle... called Patmos, for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus" (Rev. 1:9). But there is a Divine sovereignty over the Roman Empire, over the persecutors and over the one who has sent him to Patmos - a Divine sovereignty which says: 'Right, this is what I have brought you here for! They sent you, but I have brought you! This is not their sovereignty that has put you here; this is Mine. I have something to say to the Church, and I have given you a quiet time to say it for Me.' 'I was in the isle that is called Patmos - because the Roman Empire sent me there? because the Roman Emperor sent me there? because the persecutors caught me and sent me there?' Not a bit of it! "I was in the isle... called Patmos... for... the testimony of Jesus". Now that may have been because he had stood for the testimony of Jesus: but it is very impressive, is it not, that that phrase runs through this whole book, and is seen, as we go on, to be the thing by which the Lord is judging, first of all the churches, and then, representatively, the Church as a whole. And, having dealt with the Church on the basis of the testimony of Jesus, He moves on to deal with the nations, and eventually with the Devil himself and his kingdom. It is all related to the testimony of Jesus.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-26

A mature believer was in Romania when the Russians came in and began to institute Marxist thought.  After the communists had solidified their control this brother was brought before a judge because of his work for the gospel.  The judge said to him: "Do you understand that I have complete authority as to what happens to you"?  The brother replied: you have no authority over me, but what GOD has given you.  If you kill me, I will go to  my reward, if you imprison me, I will gladly suffer for my Lord, and serve him there, and if you let me go, I will continue as I was before coming before you.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-27

PAULFROMNYS said:

The brother replied: you have no authority over me, but what GOD has given you.  If you kill me, I will go to  my reward, if you imprison me, I will gladly suffer for my Lord, and serve him there, and if you let me go, I will continue as I was before coming before you.

Excellent testimony. This brother had a vision of God's throne and of His sovereignty. 

In Revelation 1-3 John, because he was in spirit, that is, he was turning to his spirit, not his mind or his feelings, saw the revelation of Christ and the local churches. 

Revelation  1:10   I was in spirit on the Lord’s Day and heard behind me

Revelation  1:12   And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me; and when I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands,
 1:13   And in the midst of the lampstands One like the Son of Man, 

Then in chapter 4, John was again "in spirit", not in his mind, not in his feelings, but turning to his human spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is, and he saw a throne, and upon the throne one sitting.

Revelation  4:2   Immediately I was in spirit; and behold, there was a throne set in heaven, and upon the throne there was One sitting;

Today, Jesus is building His church. This church appears on the earth as local churches, meaning that there is only one lampstand in each locality. We must turn to our spirit to see this. Otherwise, we will by default be in our mind, our opinions, or out religious tradition and not be able to see Revelation 1-3, seven golden lampstands, and in their midst one like the Son of man.

This building is going on in the midst of a crazy, chaotic, and even satanic world. Therefore we must turn again to our spirit to see that the heavens do rule, that there is a throne in the heavens and upon the throne there is One sitting. This vision is crucial. This vision will keep us, God's people from getting caught up in politics, or "social justice." We are not here for that. We are here to be vessels of Christ and to preach the gospel of the kingdom to the entire inhabited earth.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-27

You said:   Then in chapter 4, John was again "in spirit", not in his mind, not in his feelings, but turning to his human spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is, and he saw a throne, and upon the throne one sitting.

Amen, goosebumps