PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #21   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-26 by PAULFROMNYS; 23 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-26

I want to get this right home. All that is truth which may be objective, but let us come back to this: There is a tremendous conflict between these two kingdoms of light and darkness. In 2 Corinthians 4:4 we are brought right to the very work of the devil: "The god of this world hath blinded." What, then, is THE supreme work of the devil? It is not that he makes good men bad men, nor that he drags good men down into the mire of sin, nor that he brings strong young men and beautiful young women down into moral corruption, nor makes atheists and infidels. Those are only by-products. They are the results of something else, and that is: "The god of this world hath BLINDED." Remove their blindness, open their eyes, and these things will be dealt with quite simply. The work of the devil is to keep people in the dark. Light is the most fatal thing to the kingdom of Satan; he fears light more than he fears anything else. He is the "prince of darkness". He has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, and why has he done so? It is a precaution against something, and one little word explains it: "LEST the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ should shine." 'If those people get the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, MY kingdom is gone. The battle is over for me. I am lost.' So that Satan will do anything to keep us from having light.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-26

TAS said:   "The god of this world hath BLINDED." Remove their blindness, open their eyes, and these things will be dealt with quite simply. The work of the devil is to keep people in the dark. Light is the most fatal thing to the kingdom of Satan; he fears light more than he fears anything else. He is the "prince of darkness". 

There is also the sense that GOD has allowed delusion and blindness.  Why?  I believe it is for the same reason He barred men from the garden after the transgression = GOD is not seeking relationships based on what He can do, GOD is seeking relationships based on who He is.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-27

PAULFROMNYS said:

There is also the sense that GOD has allowed delusion and blindness.  Why?

Interesting that in one sense the gospel is called the gospel of the kingdom, and in another sense the gospel is called the gospel of the glory of Christ.

Matthew 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole inhabited earth for a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

2 Corinthians  4:4   In whom the god of this age has blinded the thoughts of the unbelievers that the illumination of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine on them.

The kingdom in Matthew 24:14 is not a political kingdom nor anything outward, But God as light shining in Christ as the Spirit out through His people to illuminate the whole earth. God is light, in Him there is no darkness at all. Today this light is in our spirit. Whenever our heart turns to the Lord, in our spirit, this light shines into our heart to heal, refresh, enliven, and to destroy the works of the devil. This is how Christ makes His home in our heart. (Ephesians 3:17)

Revelation 22:5   And night will be no more; and they have no need of the light of a lamp and of the light of the sun, for the Lord God will shine upon them; and they will reign forever and ever.