PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GRMD #162   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-28 by PAULFROMNYS; 34 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-28

It is very simple; but that is what the Church is here for, after all. The very basic purpose of the Church is in the first place to make this world know that Jesus is alive, not merely declaring the doctrinal fact, but by living in the power of His resurrection. There are times in some countries when the Church is not able to preach and proclaim the truth of Christ, but that is not the end of its power. Even though silenced in words, it can still make known that Jesus is alive. Yes, the testimony of Jesus is: "I am He that LIVETH..."; "the church of the LIVING God, the pillar and stay of the truth..."; but it is more - it is the living victory of Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit. "I became dead, and behold, I am alive..." never to become dead again. "I have the keys of death...", the mastery, the authority, the power over death. 'I have absolutely triumphed over death and all that occasioned death - sin - in the power of the Holy Spirit.' That is the testimony of Jesus: His living victory, present where Christians are.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-28

Amen, simply in the countenance of a believer, the presence of Christ may be discerned by any seeking.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-28

PAULFROMNYS said:

It is very simple; but that is what the Church is here for, after all. The very basic purpose of the Church is in the first place to make this world know that Jesus is alive, not merely declaring the doctrinal fact, but by living in the power of His resurrection.

All true believers should ask themselves, "Why am I here?" We are here to preach the gospel through our living. Therefore we must become living, vital, and full of the life of Christ so that we may bear fruit. In the end, we will reproduce what we are. Lovers of the Lord produce others who love the Lord. That is life. You cannot command a fallen sinner to love the Lord. 

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-28

Amen, it is GOD alone who brings repentance to life, and to the measure that we are in fact Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.