PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #23   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-28 by PAULFROMNYS; 30 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-28

We have spoken of the prophets, and they were points of light in the darkness of Israel. Will you tell me that they were not in a conflict? Because they were points of light they were points of the most vicious assault of the evil powers. Jesus said: "I am the light of the world" (John 8:12), and every day and everywhere Jesus was in conflict because He was a light. It was true of the apostles. Wherever they went, even without beginning to preach, they found themselves in conflict. It is as though the devil and his powers said: 'We will not have this in our kingdom!', and they will stop at nothing to quench the light. And the Lord says: "Ye are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14). Here is the challenge. Divine light is POSITIVE. You cannot have Divine light and be neutral. If God has shined into your heart to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, your life is a challenge to the kingdom of Satan, and his attitude to you will be: 'We will get you out as soon as we can!' You will find that Satan will stop at nothing to quench that light. You see, Divine light is not just teaching and theory; it is a menace to the kingdom of Satan. Are we in the Kingdom of God? That is what it means. Individual Christians are to be like that - their very existence disturbs the kingdom of Satan.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-28

Amen, we know who is behind the hatred of Jews and believers in this world = "we will stop at nothing to quench the light".  Not flesh and blood, but principalities and powers finding ever greater expression through flesh and blood.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-28

PAULFROMNYS said:

Jesus said: "I am the light of the world" (John 8:12)

"Ye are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14)

God is light (1 John 1:5) Jesus is the light, and we are the light. This is wonderful. The church's function is to give light, therefore it is depicted in Revelation 1-3 and as lampstand. God is the light and the Lamb is the lamp who is born by the saints in the light. 

Colossians  1:12   Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you for a share of the allotted portion of the saints in the light;

Revelation 21:23  And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon that they should shine in it, for the glory of God illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-28

"Ye are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14)  =  amen, for one reason alone = He is our life.