PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

John chapter 6 fellowship   Bible discussions/all

Started Nov-8 by PAULFROMNYS; 53 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-8

John 6:34-38   Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-8

The mark of all hope and victory is:  For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-9

PAULFROMNYS said:

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life...he who believes on me...

There is great spiritual benefit to be obtained by studying the Greek prepositions. Most English translations, including the King James Version do not translate the Greek prepositions literally because it sounds awkward in English.

The verse above, in Greek, does not say "he who believes on" but says "he who believes into Me." What is the difference? To believe on is objective. I believe on Abraham Lincoln. I have never met him, never seen him, but I believe he existed as a person. That is to believe on.

What is to believe into? This is entirely subjective, it is to receive Him as the Spirit into us. When I believed, I believed into Him, I received Him. In John 6 Jesus uses the metaphor "who eats Me shall live..." John 6:57. 

Believing in Jesus objectively does not mean anything. The divil "believes on Him" in that way. We must eat Him the living Bread and believe into Him. This is our faith and this is our experience and testimony.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-9

Amen, TAS said that recently in something I posted in here almost word for word.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-10

We are "in" Christ because we have believed "into" Him. This is the accurate translation of John 3:16.

John  3:16   For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him would not perish, but would have eternal life.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-14

Yes, our life must be increasingly subjective((the life in us through the gospel))..   Objective Christianity hangs its hat on the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.