PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thine is the Kingdom #42   T. Austin Sparks

Started Nov-16 by PAULFROMNYS; 53 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-16

1. THE KING IDENTIFIED

First of all, the King is identified by heaven - "A voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son." the destined King of the universe, the King promised from of old, the Son of Man to whom God has committed the dominion of this world. The King is identified from heaven. God and heaven mark Him out: "This is...". What an immense amount is gathered into those words: "My Son"! It will take us all eternity to exhaust that. Paul says that we have been 'delivered out of the power of darkness, and translated into the kingdom of the Son of his love', and that is why I said that this applies to us also, for we are translated INTO the Kingdom of this Son.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-16

Amen, an inheritance words cannot do justice to.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-16

TA Sparks said:

that is why I said that this applies to us also, for we are translated INTO the Kingdom of this Son.

Amen. We are delivered out of the authority of darkness, typified in the Old Testament by Egypt, and into the kingdom of the Son of God's love, typified in the Old Testament by the Good Land.

Exodus 3:8 And I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey

Each of us believers has an "allotted portion" of this Good Land, which is the resurrected Christ. This kingdom is a realm of life and light, where we live and walk.

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you for a share of the allotted portion of the saints in the light;

13 Who delivered us out of the authority of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

Colossians 2:6 As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him.

We walk in Him as our daily supply of grace by turning to our spirit in every place and at every time and calling upon His name.

1 Corinthians 1:2 To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, the called saints, with all those who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, who is theirs and ours:

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-16

Thanks Fred, that is a good exhortation.  This is why I enjoy TAS = he is like a daily exhortation, a washing, that I may grow continually into the likeness of our Lord.  For sure in the new birth we find ourselves calling upon the Lord alot, for ourselves and others.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-18

We practice calling on the Lord literally, as opposed to a figure of speech, by opening our mouth and calling audibly and even loudly, "O Lord Jesus!" 

1 Corinthians 12:3 says that no one can say, "Jesus is Lord!" or "Lord Jesus!" except by the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit is in our spirit, thus it is an excellent way to exercise our spirit and strengthen our spirit to be strong in spirit and even burning in spirit.

Do not be slothful in zeal, but be burning in spirit, serving the Lord. Romans 12:11