PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

John chapter 6 fellowship   Bible discussions/all

Started Nov-17 by PAULFROMNYS; 42 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-17

John 6:52-58  The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-17

I'll try leaving the verses for your initial comment Fred(((or any other interested in developing Malachi 3:16-18 fellowship))).

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-17

Hi brother Paul. There is so much to say regarding John 6:52-58. 

It is an irony that I have observed on the forum, that many verses which should never be taken literally, are taken literally,  like this one which has led to the Catholic superstition of transubstantiation.

Then, other verses which should be taken at face value, are explained away and reduced to "figures of speech." Verses like these.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul"; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

and this one,

2 Corinthians 3:17 And the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Christ is the Spirit. He is now in a form which we can receive, that is, eat. We do this every week at the Lord's table to signify that we live by eating Him. He is edible, receivable, enjoyable.

Taste and see that the Lord is good!

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-17

Hey brother Fred  :)  You said: Taste and see that the Lord is good!

AMEN, Nothing compares, not even close