PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GRMD #182   T. Austin Sparks

Started Nov-18 by PAULFROMNYS; 28 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-18

We have been considering some figures, metaphors, similes, of the Christian. They are very clear, very simple; but I come back again to where I commenced. Put together, they do show that a Christian is a very responsible person, or is to be so regarded; one who must say to himself or herself, 'I am not in something that is just optional - my pleasure, my life; not something that does not matter very much - as though I could say, "I am saved, I shall get to Heaven all right!"' Oh, no! There is more than getting to Heaven, there is more than just being saved. There are great interests of the Lord to be served, and these are the people required for them.

So - 'Give diligence, take your share of the hardship as a good soldier, guard your trust, keep the rules, learn discipline.' "For thus shall be richly supplied unto you the entrance into the eternal kingdom..." (2 Peter 1:11). And so we, the successors of Paul in the battle and in the work, may be able to say, as he said: "I have fought the good fight... I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day: and not only to me, but also to all them that have loved His appearing" (2 Tim. 4:7-8). We are in the same fight, the same contest, the same calling.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-18

This concludes the booklet by T. Austin Sparks:  GODs reaction to man's defection.  I'll be starting another booklet tomorrow.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-18

PAULFROMNYS said:

There are great interests of the Lord to be served, and these are the people required for them.

Right! One big shortage of the current popularized gospel, as opposed to the gospel of God, for example in the book of Romans, is that it is totally man-centered. The gospel of God in the Holy Scriptures is God-centered. God created man with purpose in view.

1. As a vessel to receive and contain God. (made in God's image)

2. To live a human living that expresses the God who lives inside of man, corporately. (made in God's likeness)

3. To have dominion, to share in God's authority over the earth (let them have dominion)

This is the correct interpretation of Genesis 1:26

God's reaction to man's defection is to recover His original intention in creating man. It is called the "eternal" purpose in Ephesians 3:11 because it never changes, never adjusts to the times and never bends to theological opinions. It is God's....eternal....purpose.

At the end of the Bible, this purpose is seen by John coming down out of heaven from God. This city is a sign, a type, of the consummation, the completion of God has planned throughout the ages and generations. This city is comprised of God, the Lamb, and the flowing Spirit (a river of water of life.) It also includes all the Old Testament saints (indicated by the names of the twelve tribes) and all the New Testament saints (indicated by the twelve apostles). It is the union, the mingling, and the incorporation of God and man in eternity. It is what Jesus prayed for in John 17.

Jn 17:21That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

Jn 17:22And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one;

Jn 17:23I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-18

Amen, and what is more blessed and full of life, joy and peace?  self centered life, or GOD centered life?