PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Romans 8:20   Topics/belief

Started Nov-24 by PAULFROMNYS; 24 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-24

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope.....  So GOD has identified every created thing as: "vain".  Having done so, and commanded repentance from all who would agree with His assessment of them, to them He promises a foundation to their lives where He Himself would build the reality of who and what they are = His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.   Yet we find many in the Faith of our Lord Jesus Christ who behave as if they, their teachings, their foundations of fellowship are somehow the pure and must be embraced of this life given of GOD.  This is the foundation of vanity upon which the devil successfully works debate strife, division and the planting of many seeds exactly contrary to the Spirit of GOD.

Recently a video was played at a gathering I was at of a pastor who had a vision and shared his understanding of it.  It basically was of darkness and evil insinuating its way among believers in a local church.  He identified these wolves as being in the flock, but adverse to the teachings and exhortations flowing from the pulpit.  They were destroying that which the pastor was working to establish.  The central thing being opposed were the ministries of pastors in his vision as darkness rent and destroyed many such settings.  After the video it was asked what we thought and the tone was that it was good and edifying.  I said I hated it because it placed the focus squarely upon men, and identified things contrary to the ministry of said men to darkness.  If we take that approach, then we have all manner of such foundations proffered to assemblies of believers, and each represents the reality of the one foundation given of GOD = our Lord Jesus Christ.  This cannot be, and is in fact the reality of Ephesians 4:14((that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;)) 

So, what do I offer if I call into question much of what is identified today as believers assembling together?  I see true body life as one thing = child like faith in the reality of the gospel.  What I mean is Christ is in us, and finding expression through us to the edification of all.  The person of man is basically non existent as we esteem one another better. Our fellowship is not of strong believers preaching to those weak in  belief, not of those full of understanding teaching those lacking in same.  Nor any such ministry elevating men over men.  It is a true communion where the only one sufficient for such things is recognized above, in, and through us all.  It is fellowship actually resting 100% in the person of Jesus Christ above, in, and through us.  It is the one thing GOD accepts and is found working in = the verses following Ephesians 4:14  but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-24

PAULFROMNYS said:

This is the foundation of vanity upon which the devil successfully works debate strife, division and the planting of many seeds exactly contrary to the Spirit of GOD.

I think that all genuine believers and serious Bible readers would agree, based on 1 Corinthians 3:9-11 that there is only one foundation of God's building, the church, and that foundation is Christ. The question remains then, in reference to our gathering together as the church, upon what ground is the foundation laid?

Is it laid upon Catholic ground? Upon Baptist ground? Upon the ground of a certain Bible teacher such as Luther or Westley?

Not in the Holy Scriptures. Paul, in his epistle to the Corinthians does not address it to "the church founded and sustained by Paul". He instead repudiates such thinking.

1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now I mean this, that each of you says, I am of Paul, and I am of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I am of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or, were you baptized into the name of Paul?

To whom then was this letter addressed?

1 Corinthians 1:2 To the church of God which is in Corinth...

The church is 1. of God and 2. located in a certain place, defined by the boundary of the locality in which it exists. This is how we keep the oneness of the Spirit and avoid dividing the Body of Christ. There is only one Body, and in the Bible, that Body is expressed as local churches, such as the church in Corinth, the church in Rome, the church in Ephesus.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-24

Amen Fred: It is simple faith in the life given us, nothing added or taken away.  Upon that foundation newborns may grow into mature lives reflecting the workmanship of GOD.  Who is sufficient for this, and who mixes themselves into the work?  We are looking for that((city)) reality whose builder and architect is GOD.