PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Temporal thinking about eternity #1   Topics/all

Started Nov-28 by PAULFROMNYS; 21 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-28

YHWH has a foundational understanding attached to it = the only self existent one.  Now as we go down this path it is good to remember that time has next to no meaning in eternity.  An event may happen which to our perspective spanned trillions of years, but in eternity it might as well of been a second as we perceive time.  So we have the only self existent one, every thought which is thought is His, every feeling felt is His, there is no other.  Yet there is a flaw in this eternal reality, any guesses what that might be? 

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-29

The flaw is: GOD is love, and needs someone to spend Himself upon.  Enter before any of His works His only begotten Son.  We have these beautiful verses speaking about this:  Proverbs 8:22-31   The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.  I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: while as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: when he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: when he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;  rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Maybe you can help me out Fred, do any verses come to mind showing the Son came forth before any of GODs works?   In any event we Have the persons of the Father and the Son before any angels or any other creation.