PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Temporal thinking about eternity #2   Topics/all

Started Nov-30 by PAULFROMNYS; 69 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-30

So before anything was created we have the Father and Son in perfection of all that relationship is.  In terms of our perspective of things and time it might have been so for only a brief time, or trillions upon trillions of years.  Yet there was still a disturbance in the perfection of their existence: any guesses as to what that might be?

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-30

What do you mean by "a disturbance in the perfection of their existence"?

I believe that eternal does not mean time without end, but timelessness, or, without the time element. 

Therefore, to "have eternal life", as in John 3:16, does not mean to live forever, but to receive the eternal life, the life that comes from God and is God. He is life and He came that we might have life.

Also, for Jesus to live a human life and become a sacrifice for sin, time was needed. Also, for God to increase in us and for us to be transformed into the image of the Firstborn, we must redeem the time and take every opportunity to drink the living water and eat the living bread. 

Ephesians 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

PAULFROMNYS

Dec-1

Dear best forum brother ever, My wife went to her reward tonight, so I may be mia for awhile.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-1

Haven't slept yet, my mind is reeling in a growing wave of loss. I think I'm going to stay active in the forum for both devotions sake, and also to give my heart some digression.  What I meant was that having established GOD as the only self existent one, who because He is love brought forth a Son to spend Himself on.  The these two((Father and Son)) were before any of the works of GOD, and every following act of GOD was in and through His Son.  I know time is meaningless in eternity, but there must have been a succession of events from GOD to what we perceive today.  It's hard to wrap your mind around, but it is undeniable from our vantage point, and that is all we can attempt to understand.  Actually I found it an edifying line of thought.  5:30 PM now, I'll finish this and 0ff by saying the Father and Son were together before any of GODs works, yet as it was with GOD, there was still a work required as the Son was established in the fullness of His Father, and also being the love of GOD needed someone to spend Himself for:  enter the creative works of GOD, and while we have very little to tell us of the realities between the Father and the Son, we have much information regarding their works with the sons of men in whom the Son delights, and for whom He spent Himself.     

Fred (fnorthrup)

Dec-1

My dearest brother Paul. I just saw your post, 8:18 pm pst. I am so sorry brother. Much grace to you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qku2eU8YHwo&list=PLcr12wL9sQvVKs6poGsdz1vhXy5KVw2v5&index=9

PAULFROMNYS

Dec-2

Thanks Fred, the out pouring here has been awesome, much weeping and sadness, much love and support.  Keenie was very beloved by many, she suffered many things in her body, but her spirit was as warm and loving as can be.  She never complained, and received healing over and over through her childlike faith.  Slowly the realization is taking hold that she is in glory, and we'll all be together forever.  My love for her was maturing into the reality of bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh((I'm weeping as I share)).  Above all things I thank GOD for Jesus, then Keenie, then my family of faith.  

PAULFROMNYS

Dec-8

I almost lost your response((although I read it)) in the events as my beloved entered glory.  I reread it by the grace of GOD, and let me tell you Fred that no post I've ever received in the forums has blessed me as deeply as this one.  It shocked me out of much intellectual seeking where Satan could play with me, into the eternal truth you so concisely expressed it.