PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Romans chapter 7 fellowship   Bible discussions/belief

Started Apr-6 by PAULFROMNYS; 13 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-6

7:14-20  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-6

This is perhaps the most controversial understanding among GENUINE believers IMO.  Those who truly are on the foundation of Jesus Christ as given in 1 Corinthians 3: 10-15.  Here I'll state a basic understanding which I believe most all will totally agree with = spirit is that which originates from GOD through Christ Jesus to us.  Carnal is when we allow our own thoughts, feelings, and experiences to rise above the Spirit and thereby pollute what is given by GOD, and the purpose in His wisdom for giving it.   

It would be greatly helpful if you stopped here and read the April 4th devotional through T. Austin Sparks......................  The basic point he makes is that resurrection life alone is sufficient to truly destroy the old life which went under the water at baptism.  All the SAVED wood, hay, and stubble; finds itself somewhere in this quagmire of finding the death of the old man to be fully their reality in whatever measure it is true.  Also at work in resurrection life is the works of GOD in Christ, although hindered by the ongoing process of death of the old man. 

Finally, in so very few, here in the land of the living the old man is totally done away with through the power of resurrection life alone.  Here then are the sons of GOD all creation awaits.  The power of GOD in them; now flows through the with purity and power to others.