PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ordinances of Heaven #10   T. Austin Sparks

Started Apr-6 by PAULFROMNYS; 11 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-6

The Cross

Thirdly, the altar. "A live coal... taken with the tongs from off the altar". Here is another essential to God. He must have it; He has revealed this as indispensable. What is the immediate value and significance of the altar as indicated in this chapter, and capable of such wide expansion by the Word of God? Well, the altar, of course, is the Old Testament name for the New Testament Cross. But its immediate effect and value is this, that it is that which makes suitable for God's house and God's service. Isaiah saw the Lord, "My eyes have seen the King." He saw the temple, the place where God is ceded all His rights, "Woe is me! for I am undone." 'I cannot stand here in the presence of this Lord, I cannot enter this temple, I am undone.' "I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips." A touch of the altar made him suitable for the presence of the Lord and for the house of the Lord. It dealt with the condition which set him aside and ruled him out. It made possible his coming into the place of the thrice-exalted Lord, where all God's rights were secured to Him. "This has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away" - by the altar, by the Cross, by its touch.

"Your iniquity is taken away." That word 'iniquity' is the word 'perversity'. Uzziah the perverse; Israel, the perverse; Isaiah was involved in the state of perversity in the nation and was infected himself by that perversity, and with God perversity goes right to the very root of evil. God does not look upon us as just perverse little children. We may look at a little child and say, a very perverse child and make excuses, but God never looks at perversity like that. God, in all perversity, sees its whole history. He sees at a glance the history of that right back up there to the next one on the other side of His Throne, that covering cherub, Lucifer, Son of the Morning; perversity entering into him and heaven, and then later earth being wrecked and ruined by that iniquity. "Till iniquity was found in you" (Ezek. 28:15). That is the word of our Authorized translation. "Until perversity was found in you". God sees the whole history of perversity, traces it back to its source and says, This thing is of the devil, and its meaning is rivalry to the very Throne of God. "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God" - the perversity of Lucifer and his iniquity.