PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ordinances of Heaven #11   T. Austin Sparks

Started Apr-7 by PAULFROMNYS; 8 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-7

That very root of Satan in our natures which shows itself in every kind of rebellion, every bit of perversity, has been dealt with in the Cross. You cannot possibly be perverse in the presence of His absolute Lordship. The two things cannot go together. He cannot be King and you be king at the same time. Heaven could not contain two supreme lords, one had to go. And God's house cannot have two lordships, two wills, two minds; there is only one here.

The Cross deals with the thing that is rivalling God. A rival to God, another will, another mind, another heart, another way - the Cross deals with that and brings us into the place where all His rights are secured. It breaks down all perversity. Uzziah's perversity brought on him leprosy, and then death. Isaiah recognised his perversity and submitted: "I am undone." He did not assert himself; he went down in the dust before the Lord and was cleansed and became a living messenger of God.

In so far as the Lord has what is meant by the altar, the Cross, provided for Him by you and by me, that is the measure of divine fulness and only the measure of divine fullness. And if the Lord is going to get greater fulness in us and if at length the church which is His Body is going to be the fulness of Him that fills all in all, then the Cross will be very utterly applied to that church and to every member thereof. If God is going to secure this body - call it the remnant if you like - this representative company for His full expression, there will be the Cross applied; dealing all the way along with every bit of perversity, resistance, contrariness and everything that is not yielded to the Lord, to make us suitable for that spiritual house which is the fulness of Him.