PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ordinances of Heaven #12   T. Austin Sparks

Started Apr-8 by PAULFROMNYS; 6 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-8

The Resultant Ministry

Finally, the ministry. "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Who? Those who have come under the Lordship, who have met the power of the Cross, the altar and who have come into the house of God in this spiritual way - such will fulfil the ministry, such as know that their iniquity is taken away and their sin forgiven. Oh, what a blessed suggestion there is here. You see, the year that Uzziah died was a Jubilee year, and the Jubilee commenced on the evening of the day of atonement. And in the year that king Uzziah died the Lord said to Isaiah, Your sin is atoned for. 'Atoned' is the word in the original; ours is an unfortunate translation. Your sin is atoned for — even better than 'forgiven'. It is atoned for. It is the word here for atonement, 'covered' some translations put it.

What is atonement? It is covering. "Your sin is atoned for." On the eve of the day of Atonement, when Uzziah died because his sin was not forgiven, Isaiah lived and came into new ministry because his sin was atoned for. One exalted himself and there was no atonement; one humbled himself and there was atonement. These are they who can fulfil the ministry, who can respond to the divine need. This was not Isaiah's call to the ministry; that had come some time before and he had fulfilled ministry. This is his new commission. It was as a consequence of these other things to which we have referred that Isaiah was able to say, "Then said I, Here am I; send me." When? 'When I had been made suitable by the Cross for a place in the house of God where only God is known as Lord. When that was so, then I said, "Here am I; send me", and He said, "Go".'