PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A True Coming to Jesus   Bible discussions/belief

Started May-7 by 3rddaysaint; 71 views.
3rddaysaint

May-7

A TRUE COMING TO JESUS

- PARTAKING OF HIM -

JOHN 6 : 22 - 27, 35 - 37, 44
Vrs. 26, 27
Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat (food) which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
Vrs. 35 - 37
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Vrs. 44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:  and I will raise him up at the last day.
Jesus got right to the heart of the matter here, as He always did - as He was led to do so by the Father.  He put His finger on the motives of the people, while at the same time, preparing to reveal a great Truth unto us. 
We can see already, quite clearly, that what we desire to partake of - is what we are really coming to.  Another way to say it would be that “we are not really COMING TO something unless we PARTAKE OF it.”

This is WORSHIP in its’ truest sense, in its’ most genuine and sincere intent ... to BECOME LIKE that which we are worshiping.  Even the most pagan worshipers are hoping to become like, to partake of, and to some how experience the thing they are worshiping. 

Romans 8 : 28 -30
Vrs. 29  For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.  
This is what a true COMING TO JESUS, a true Worship of Him ... will do for us.  We will PARTAKE of Him and EXPERIENCE Him in such a personal and powerful way - that we will become like Him.  And of course, this is Gods’ plan and purpose.  This is what God has made available to us, and expects us to give ourselves whole-heartedly to.  This is the kind of relationship that the Father is “drawing us” into. 
Isaiah 1 : 10 - 19
Here we see that God has purposed to bring a “remnant” of His called and chosen through to a true relationship of purity, willingness and obedience.  True fruitfulness coming forth from true worship. The true "seed of God" coming forth in the image of Christ...none falling away!

Rather than just forms of religious ceremony and vain rituals, God has prepared the way for us to be cleansed from sin by the blood of Jesus and quickened into newness of Life by His indwelling Spirit.
Vrs. 16  Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes, cease to do evil;
Vrs 17  Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. 
Vrs 18, 19  Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord; though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool
 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.
God is not truly worshiped when He is not really KNOWN.  He is not worshiped and genuinely honored when we just “try to please Him” with the works of our hands.  Cain tried this, and his offering was rejected.  (Gen. 4 : 2 - 5)
By faith Abel knew to offer the innocent blood of a creature that God had created with His hands, and his worship was accepted. (Hebrews 11 :4) We see here the two different seeds (Matthew 13:37,38). Those that "endure to the end" are the true seed of God...those that Jesus "keeps" to the end! They ENDURE because they are "given to endure". Eternal Security is a 'given' to the elect!
 God is not worshiped on our level of worldly ambitions and carnal understandings.  He is not honored or served by what we can muster up or try to figure out. God IS worshiped and honored as we learn of HIM and HIS ways; as we PARTAKE OF and CONTRIBUTE TO what He has done, what He is doing and will do.  We are to honor “the works of HIS  hands.”
 This is what He will draw us in to and reveal to us.
God is searching for the true hearts of His elect, where there is a “willingness and obedience” within the boundaries of divinely imparted revelation and vision.
That is to say, it is not  good enough just to be “willing and obedient,” but, willing and obedient within the ways and purposes of Gods’ Kingdom.
Such true worship could only be authored and inspired by God, and therefore, He gets all the Glory.  Such a relationship of true worship accomplishes His objectives, and does honor to the “works of HIS hands.”
Jere. 25 : 6, 7 & 32 : 30
And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke Me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt.
Yet ye have not hearkened unto Me, saith the Lord; that ye might provoke Me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.
32 : 30  For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before Me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked Me to anger with the works of their hands, saith the Lord. 
It is quite clear that God is not impressed or, in any way, satisfied with our self-willed efforts and works. Even in the natural, within the context of working for a secular company; as an employee you would be expected to first learn of the company's goals, objectives and ways of operation.  You must fit in with the flow and function of the boss’s vision of operation.
A true coming to Jesus and partaking of Him will empower and position us for this genuine worship of God and effectiveness in His Kingdom.
Acts 17 : 23 -25
For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an alter with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD, whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, Him declare I unto you.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshiped with mens’ hands, as though He needed anything, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things.

Could it be any more clear?

So then, where is God worshiped?  He is worshiped IN US, as we are in co-operation with the “works of His hands”, as we contribute to and partake of what He has “made” with His hands.
 Once again, that is us.  As born-again, Spirit-filled sons and daughters of God, we are the works of His hands (He has two “hands” - the Word and the Spirit).
Psalms 138 : 8
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever: forsake not THE WORKS OF THIN
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
PAULFROMNYS

May-8

without doubt the most awesome beautiful exhortation/teaching I have read in the 20 years of this forum, and perhaps in the whole of my 46 years of having GOD's Son revealed in me.   Thankyou BROTHER.

3rddaysaint

May-8

Thank you brother. You are most welcome.

PAULFROMNYS

May-9

As you can tell, my name is Paul, and I'm from New York, Buffalo area actually.  You brother?

3rddaysaint

May-9

Hi Paul. I live in Vernon BC Canada. I used to frequent thecforums quite a bit bout 10 years ago. We communicated a lot back then. My forum is called Third Dad Revelation and Grace. It's good to connect again. 

PAULFROMNYS

May-9

yes it is!!   I've got a dear forum friend Fred who has dropped off about a month and 1/2 ago, I have no idea why.  I just hope all is well with him.