PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fellowship of His Son #6   T. Austin Sparks

Started Jul-13 by PAULFROMNYS; 52 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-13

Chapter 2 - The People and the Purpose of the Call

Shall we remind ourselves of the basic word to these morning meditations as in the first letter to the Corinthians, chapter 1, verse 9: "God is faithful, through Whom ye were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord." Called into the fellowship of God's Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-13

Yesterday we were occupied with the Person of the fellowship and the call: God's Son. And we were saying that we shall never get anywhere at all in the Christian life as the Lord's people, and we shall certainly never get through to the end and at the end, unless we have an adequate apprehension of the greatness of Christ. Over against all the littleness of what is presented as Christianity, there stands this immensity of that into which we are called when called into fellowship with God's Son - the Person, the great, eternal, matchless Person of Jesus Christ. And we could, of course, dwell all the week upon that, but it is foundational to everything.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-13

I say again, that you will never get very far if we only have a small apprehension and understanding of the One into Whose fellowship we are called. And, seeing that many of you are Christians on the way, and well on the way, some far on the way, let me say this to you: that this is not just an initial need. We are only going to get through at the end, through all the trials, and the adversities, the difficulties, the sufferings, the afflictions, the perplexities, and problems of mature, spiritual life, we are only going to get through under the increasing pressure and the forces of evil, on the ground of an adequate apprehension of the Lord Jesus. It is He alone Who can measure up to our need and Who can take the measure and meet it.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-13

Well, having said that, we have to pass on and come in the next place to the people of the fellowship. And I hope to be able to get as far as the purpose of the fellowship this morning; we shall see. These two go together really: the people and the purpose of the call and the fellowship of God's Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-13

I'm sure TAS will have many refreshing edifying insights as he expands on this.  I'd just like to share this foundational insight at this point = as long as events are swirling around in our feelings and thoughts regarding our place in them; we are in the devils arena, and he can have no small success in hindering our growth.  If we can set our entirety upon the person of our Lord Jesus, then the work of GOD can proceed powerfully in us.