PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fellowship of His Son #7   T. Austin Sparks

Started Jul-14 by PAULFROMNYS; 135 views.
In reply toRe: msg 10
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-14

I've just given these instances of men who heard the call of God as God was moving on through the ages and passing this one in this way, and as He passed, just called. And after that call, immense things issued. God is calling.

Now what I want to say, and I have got young people continually in mind about this as we go on, is that this call was undoubtedly a crisis in the life of every one of these people, as it is in the life of every one who hears it, along whose way the Lord comes and leaves this impression that something has happened. You may not hear a call from heaven, it may not come to you as it came to some of these; but somehow or other God has come your way, and He has left an impression that you have come to a crisis. There's a crisis bound up with this; if for you it's become, and you'll realise it one way or the other as you go on, it was a day of destiny. It was a day of destiny!

In reply toRe: msg 11
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-14

Destiny was bound up with this encounter with God, or God's encounter with you. It was the day, and we older Christians know this whether it was some particular day, twelve or twenty-four hours, but a time, a time point in our life, when everything became involved in this that I have called an encounter with God - we met the Lord - put it how you will. The Lord passed our way: the Lord came into the realm of our life. Something happened, and everything for us was involved. Paul himself described it as being apprehended by Christ Jesus, laid hold of, arrested - the day when everything was involved. And you know, the passing of the Lord Jesus our way is always like that - it is everything now. It is everything. For or not - everything is gained or lost when He comes our way.

You can go through His life here on this earth, during those three years, a little over, and see how He is passing along. He just is passing along, precipitating life's issues and destinies for those by whose way He came. Something is precipitated, and everything is in the balances now. Did He heed His enemies? Their destiny and doom is settled because He has just passed their way. Be they the needy ones crying out, "Lord, have mercy upon us." What a day that was when He passed that way.

In reply toRe: msg 12
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-14

When He happened to come - shall we say happened? No, not mere hap, in the Divine eternal counsels of sovereignty, He came to Jericho. And the little man, who couldn't see over the heads of the other people, climbed a tree to have a look at Him and got the shock and surprise of his life when Jesus looked up and said, "Little man, Zacchaeus, come down, I must abide at your house today." A day of destiny, wasn't it? Tremendous! That man didn't get up that morning thinking or imagining for a moment how he would go to bed that night. His destiny had been settled because Jesus passed through Jericho. Very simple. Very simple.

What means this eager, anxious throng,
Which pressed with did He haste along?
An eager voice thereupon replied,
"Jesus of Nazareth passeth by."

In reply toRe: msg 13
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-14

He is passing by. But, but! The eternal destiny registered on this one and that one and another, until He even comes to Pontius Pilate. Pontius Pilate knows one thing, even if he doesn't recognise all the issues, he knows one thing: that his destiny is in the balances of this Man, Jesus of Nazareth. He wriggles and writhes to get out of this predicament. He makes his decision and has gone down in history as wrong. Jesus passed his way. It was an eternal crisis. So it was with all these, and so it is, for He is still passing on. He is still coming on. He is still in that course from eternity with God and precipitating this issue of fellowship with Himself.

Now about the involvement of the call. If you go over again these lives that I have mentioned again, Abraham, Moses, and the others to the apostles and on since then to ourselves, the involvement. What is the involvement of any kind of contact with the Lord Jesus? This week in this place, with us; shall we believe that He has come this way? I cannot but believe that, the devil tried to prevent it. Oh, what a battle! Is it because Jesus of Nazareth is passing by? Come to Wabanna this week? God from eternity is moving and taking us in His stride. Is that it? Will you believe it? If so, there is an involvement in this contact with His Son. And if you look at these lives, you will see that the involvement worked out in this way: it was, first of all, a demand for changing position.