PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Right standing with GOD #10   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-9 by PAULFROMNYS; 29 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-9

And that has remained like that for two thousand years.

Now the prophecy was, “I will overturn, I will overturn. Yet once more and I will overturn”. Now that has two aspects, first of all the earthly aspect, the things of the earth were going to be overturned and brought to an end. That was fulfilled with the destruction of Jerusalem. The word was: “I will shake the things that can be shaken”. But then there was the other half of the prophecy, not only the things of the earth, but the things of the heavens shall be shaken; a heavenly system which has been brought down to the earth will also be shaken. The first happened in the year 70. The second is happening today.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-9

I wonder if you notice what is happening, we have said that Christendom is in trouble. It is trying to keep itself together, it is trying to save itself from collapsing. But all these efforts will be in vain. The thing is going to break down, God is going to shake it. Everything that can be shaken is going to be shaken says this word. Now, the word is: Who is going to stand when everything is shaken? That applies to us; this great shaking is going on, we’re losing our confidence in much that is in Christianity. We’re asking many questions about Christianity.

A leading servant of God said to me a little while ago (he has a worldwide knowledge of Christianity) he said, “If I did not know the Lord for myself, I would wash my hands of Christianity.” This thing is breaking up. Do you agree with me? Is it true? Well if you knew, you would feel like this.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-9

We’ll come back to this letter. Firstly, to go right on to God’s fullness and secondly, to stand firm when everything around you is breaking up, depends upon the message of this letter or the message of the New Testament. What is the message?

There is a great change that has taken place by the coming of Jesus Christ. I wonder how far I am carrying you with me? Do you not see that this whole world system is breaking up? I don’t know what your morning papers are like but I know our papers in England every day bring some kind of fresh disintegration. Not one day comes and goes without some fresh trouble somewhere. It’s in industry. Of course in Holland you don’t have industrial troubles! Do you have strikes? Well they’re going on everywhere. I have heard about what happened in Amsterdam a few days ago in the student world. Isn’t it strange that this thing is happening in the student world in every country? There it is in England, here it is in Holland, there it is in France... all over the world this student trouble is taking place. When I was young we had nothing of that!

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-9

Industry, education, the social life, the breakdown of moral standards in social life; perhaps you don’t have divorces in Holland! Perhaps you don’t have any of this terrible moral situation... but I can see that you do. The whole moral system is breaking down. Yes, in every sphere this world is going to pieces. God is shaking everything and He is also shaking a form of Christianity. A little boy was asked the other day if he would like to go to the moon. “Yes!” he said, “I think I would like to go to the moon.” “Why would you like to go to the moon?” “I would like to get away from my three sisters, they’re awful!”

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-9

Well, you see, everything is upside down, but here it is. A whole system in this world, including Christianity, is going to be shaken and we in our time are seeing this taking place. That is the setting of this letter. You know how the letter finishes, “Wherefore receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken...” What is this new thing that has come in with Jesus Christ which is going to endure forever? That wants more than two or three meetings to answer it but let us try to do what the Lord enables.

A whole new system has come in with Jesus Christ and this new order is a spiritual and not a temporal order. It is the order of the kingdom of heaven and the order of the kingdom of heaven is a spiritual order and not a temporal order.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-9

Now do you see what Christendom has tried to do? The Roman church was the beginning of this: setting up a temporal, earthly order of Christianity with an earthly city, with an earthly system, a system of priests and ritual and all these things; an earthly system of government, so that it is a temporal government and how terrible it has been! Rome dominates all those who belong to it and has sought to dominate this whole world on a temporal basis.

Well, perhaps you don’t agree with that, you in this country would not have that! But you know, that kind of thing has come into all Christianity. Do you notice that the development of Christianity has become more and more an earthly thing? The buildings; they’re earthly things! The orders of the church are earthly things. Christians are always trying to organize something on this earth, trying to bring something here into this world that you can see with your natural eyes and will impress you with Christianity by what you can see, a big organization here.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-9

And then from the general thing to the particular: there is a great movement going on to try and form New Testament churches. Everywhere there is this effort to form churches, to form churches on a New Testament basis. In other words: to imitate the New Testament. Do you know all imitation is artificial? You cannot imitate the original! All your imitation will be artificial. This is a very great mistake: trying to form New Testament churches.

The apostles never tried to form churches! Think about that. “Oh!” you say, “But they did! They went everywhere forming churches!” That is just where everybody is mistaken. Churches were born, they were not made. They were not turned out of a factory; they were born out of heaven. They were not made by man’s hands; they were begotten by the Spirit of God. They were not by man’s intention, but by the spontaneous action of the Spirit of God.