PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Right standing with GOD #12   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-11 by PAULFROMNYS; 41 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-11

The Israel of God

Now you’re able to see what Jesus was doing, He spoke about the kingdom of heaven. Israel had claimed that the kingdom of heaven was theirs. “Yes, the kingdom of heaven belongs to us!” said Israel. Says Jesus: “The kingdom of heaven shall be taken away from you and given to another.” And Israel’s hope was the Messiah. All Israel’s thought was about the coming Messiah. Jesus is the Messiah, not only of Israel but the whole Israel of God. You know that the word ‘Christ’ is just the Greek word for the Hebrew word ‘Messiah’ and ‘Christ’ just means ‘the Anointed One’.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-11

So you have a new heavenly kingdom and a new heavenly Messiah Who said, “My kingdom is not of this world.” And how does this new kingdom begin to function? Why did Jesus choose twelve apostles? Because there were twelve tribes of Israel and the number twelve in the Bible is just the number of government. It is the number of Israel and Israel was intended to be the governing nation amongst the nations. Jesus has transferred the number twelve from the old Israel to the new. So He has chosen twelve apostles. You’ll find them right at the end of the Bible in the new Jerusalem.

Ah, but there’s something more. When Moses went up the mount to receive the whole earthly system for Israel, he took seventy elders with him. He left them at the foot of the mountain, but there were seventy of them. And Jesus chose seventy to send them out to proclaim the kingdom of heaven. Is it necessary for me to go on with this? You see the point: with the Lord Jesus a new Israel has come in, a new heavenly spiritual system.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-11

Friends, I’m in trouble, it’s this thing: what am I going to do with a new Jerusalem? What am I going to do with Hebrews 12:18-24? That you are come to mount Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God... what am I going to do with that? Of course in my mind perhaps there’s much more than is in yours, I have got the whole history of mount Zion opening up in my mind, the same as to the history of Jerusalem, and I see that that whole thing is transferred to this new order. “You are not come to mount Sinai... you are come to mount Zion”. What is that?

Do you remember the history of Zion? Zion was that stronghold of an enemy which David snatched from the enemy’s hands. And David made that his city from which he ruled all Israel and he made it the place where God had His dwelling. Can you transfer that to Jesus Christ? By a tremendous conflict Jesus has captured this thing from the enemy. What is this thing called “Zion”? It is in this room! You and I are children of Zion.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-11

I love that little eighty-seventh psalm, do you remember what David says there? “His foundation is in the holy mountain, the Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob... I will make mention of Tyre and Philistia and Ethiopia”. And what David means is these people say, “You know, I was born in Tyre! That great and wonderful city, Tyre. My name is on the register of Tyre. I’m a citizen of Tyre.” “But of this man it shall be said, he was born there...” And the Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than Philistia or Tyre or all the dwellings of Jacob. Hebrews 12, “We have come to the church of the Firstborn whose names are written in heaven.” Our names are in the Lamb’s book of Life. We are citizens of a heavenly city, you have come to Zion; greater than all the cities that have ever been.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-11

When the shaking comes Jerusalem will go, and Rome will go, and Babylon will go. All these great names of cities will go with the shaking of God through history. But our citizenship is in heaven and you’ll never shake that. “As the mountains are round about Jerusalem so the Lord is round about His people from this time forth and forevermore.” You come to Zion and we want many hours to talk about Zion, but this is all transferred to the Lord Jesus - what has come in with Him.

Of course in this world people don’t know what important people we are! If you were to say to people of this world, “You know, I’m a citizen of the most important City that has ever been or ever will be.” They would look at you... you don’t look like that!

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-11

Back to John, John 17. Jesus is praying, “I pray for the men whom Thou hast taken Me out of the world, they are not of the world even as I am not of the world.” No, the citizens of the heavenly Jerusalem are not known here. And yet they are known, for we must come back to the City. What is the heavenly Jerusalem? Paul says the Jerusalem that is beneath is in bondage. But the Jerusalem which is above is free! What do you like to sing? Have you got a hymn in your hymnbook which says, “Free from the law, oh happy condition”?

Now back to Galatians, “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made you free.” Citizens of the heavenly Jerusalem which is above which is free and which is our mother; children of freedom! Well I mustn’t remind you of the context of those words of the old Israel in bondage.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-11

Well, first of all the heavenly Jerusalem is comprised of the people who have been set free. The second thing about Jerusalem is that it is the seat of government, the center of government. Oh, here’s a revolution. Go back to the book of the Acts, they have been given the commission to go out into all the world, “Go into all the nations and preach the gospel.” What did they do? Well, they said, “We must have a committee. We must make a board of directors and we must have our board meetings with our agenda. And we must decide what we’re going to do and how we are going to do it. We’ll do all this in our board meeting.” Did they do any of that? You cannot find a trace of it in the New Testament. What did they do? They had a prayer meeting. They got into touch with heaven, the government which is there, and as they prayed the Holy Spirit said, “Separate me Barnabas and Saul unto the work whereto I have called them,” not “You have appointed them.” I had better not say any more about that. Do you see the difference?