PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Right standing with GOD #14   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-13 by PAULFROMNYS; 35 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

Chapter 5 - The Controversy of Zion

We pick up things this afternoon where we left off this morning. Therefore, I turn you again to the letter to the Hebrews, verse 1: “God, having of old time spoken unto the fathers in the prophets by divers portions and in divers manners, hath at the end of these days spoken unto us in His Son Whom He appointed heir of all things.” Will you just remember that last clause: “His Son Whom He appointed heir of all things.”

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

Now to chapter 12 and we’ll just begin at verse 22. We have seen all the things which are gathered under the word “not”, you are not come unto quite a lot of things. “But ye are come unto mount Zion and unto the City of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem.”

Now will you please turn with me right back to the Old Testament, to the prophecies of Isaiah, chapter 34 at verse 8: “For it is the day of the Lord’s vengeance, the year of recompense in the controversy of Zion.” The controversy of Zion... please remember that especially.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

Chapter 31, Isaiah chapter 31, at verse 4: “For thus saith the Lord unto me, like as when the lion growleth  and the young lion over his prey, if a multitude of shepherds be called forth against him, he will not be dismayed at their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the Lord of hosts come down to fight upon mount Zion...”

Will you just pick up the fragments: ye are come to mount Zion; the controversy of Zion; the Lord of hosts shall come down to fight on mount Zion.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

Now to the book of the Psalms, the second psalm, “Why do the nations rage, and the peoples imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His Anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: The Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure: yet have I set My King upon My holy hill of Zion.”

I have set My King upon My holy hill of Zion... Whom He appointed heir of all things... and, ye are come to Zion.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

This is the Word of God. It is not my word, this is in the Bible, it is in the New Testament. It must mean something and it is for us to find out what it means. Ye are come to Zion, not you’re going to come to Zion. Not you Jews used to come to Zion, but: you Christians have now come to Zion. You, here in this room this afternoon, have come to Zion. It is not the old Zion, the Zion of the Old Testament. It is the new Zion. You are not come to that but you are come to this. We did try this morning to see something of what Zion means.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

Zion, of course, is the true Church and the true Church is the City of the living God. The true Church is the place where Jesus Christ is Lord. Wherever Jesus Christ is truly Lord amongst a people, that is Zion. But I put a circle round that word “true”. The true Church. All that is called the church is not the true Church. What the Word is speaking about here is about that true Church. You notice in this whole statement it says you are come to the Church of the First born ones, that is, the truly born again ones, born from above. And it goes on to say, “Whose names are enrolled in heaven,” and only heaven knows whose names are enrolled there. I think we shall get some surprises when we get to heaven, we shall look at some people, we shall say, “You? Here?! How did you get here?” Alright, we’ll leave that.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-13

Now the point for this afternoon is this controversy of Zion. You will notice that the terms “Jerusalem” and “Zion” are interchangeable. They are used as though they were the same thing. If there is any difference, it is this: Zion embodies the intrinsic values of Jerusalem. It is as though all the true meanings of Jerusalem are gathered up into Zion. The old Jerusalem of the Old Testament is an illustration in principle of the new Jerusalem of the New Testament. Of course, as we have seen, it is a transition from the earthly to the heavenly, from the temporal to the spiritual, from the time to the eternity.