PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pioneer school #3 TLR   Topics/all

Started Nov-11 by PAULFROMNYS; 288 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-12

At the 14 minute mark he mentions prophet. Not a position, not an office but a function. This is very good. According to the Bible, to prophecy is to speak for the Lord and to speak the Lord into others. In the Old Testament, very little of what the prophets spoke was foretelling or speaking about the future. The vast majority is speaking what is on God's heart into God's people. 

If that is what brother Torbin is doing in these videos, speaking what is in God's heart into God's people, then that is prophesying, in my opinion. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I spent 19 years in Pentecostalism. All the interpreting of tongues I heard was something super generic and never seemed to accomplish more that momentarily stirring people up in a meeting. "Behold, I am coming soon. Put on white garments, the day of My vengeance draweth nigh, etc. etc." Oh yes, most "prophesying" is in Elizabethan english to verify it's authenticity.

1 Samuel 2:35 And I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in My heart and in My mind; and I will build him a sure house; and he will go before My anointed continually.

I love this verse. It shows that God has a heart and a mind. He is after something. He wants, desires and needs something. How can we prophecy unless we know what that is?

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-12

How is this for a subject of the book of Acts: The propagation of the resurrected Christ in His ascension, by the Spirit, through the disciples, for the producing of the churches- the kingdom of God.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-12

So I finishes this one. Very encouraging. I really enjoyed the point regarding Ananaias. The clergy/laity system is so deeply engrained in the fiber of the Christian religion that it takes God's power to deliver us from it's grip. There is only one Head, Christ, and we are all members. Praise the Lord. The church today is the continuation of the book of Acts.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-12

Fred said:     I spent 19 years in Pentecostalism. All the interpreting of tongues I heard was something super generic and never seemed to accomplish more that momentarily stirring people up in a meeting. 

That's addressed pretty well in lesson #4.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-12

II talked a little at a very small gathering of my local family about my thoughts regarding TLR last night, and it was not received.  I heard we have Christ and the scriptures, we do not regard the person of man. It was not at all that blunt, but in essence that was the feedback.  I think every fragment of Christ all over the world could say that, but what of the fruit of:  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-12

PAULFROMNYS said:

I heard we have Christ and the scriptures, we do not regard the person of man.

Thank you for sharing brother.

I hear this sort of thing repeatedly. Here are my thoughts.

1. Every word in the Bible is written by a man. Yes, all scripture is God breathed and profitable, yet in the principle of incarnation, God has chosen to speak to us through men. Moses was a man, the prophets were men. They were not regarded during their lifetime either.

2. As you quoted, God gives men to perfect the saints. Should we reject what God has given?

3. Jesus was a man. Yes, we now know that He is God manifested in the flesh, but no one knew that at the time. 

4. Paul was a very controversial figure during his life.. In 2 Timothy 1:15 everyone in Asia turned away from him. He is now universally recognized as an apostle, but at the time you had to take his word for it, and examine the fruit of his life and living.

Without a man, how could we hear the good news? Without a man, how could we hear the word opened? Without a man, how would we be shepherded into the kingdom? God has chosen to live and work in and through man. He made us dependent on one another.

Now, who we should listen to, that is another matter. Christianity is hopelessly divided. Obviously, not all are speaking for the Lord and speaking forth the Lord. If someone is speaking for the Lord, surely he will be controversial.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-13

You said:  Now, who we should listen to, that is another matter. Christianity is hopelessly divided. Obviously, not all are speaking for the Lord and speaking forth the Lord. If someone is speaking for the Lord, surely he will be controversial.

AMEN Fred.  I was at a small gathering last night and found myself exhorting exactly that = it is of primary importance who, we do, and do not receive as from GOD.  The fruit of these gifts is given in Ephesians 4:11-14.  Also as regarding the person of men in these things:  Ephesians 4:6   One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-13

PAULFROMNYS said:

Ephesians 4:6   One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 

Good point. God desires to gain man as His dwelling place, His abode. Religion always seeks to separate God and man. Christ means "anointed." Anointing, as you know, is a picture of God coming onto and into man. We have an anointing from the Holy One. So anti-christ, in 1John 2, means anti the anointing. Anti the union of God and man. It is like removing Christ from the Body of Christ, or removing man from the Body of Christ, both are anti the will of God, in my opinion.

1John 2:20-22 And you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar if not he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

How can you say that you have no regard for man, when we know that God became a man? This is not logical. As we stated earlier, which man is a very serious matter, but to say we do not regard man is anti-christ.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-13

Yes, and also I think it good to know that GOD keeps things in the arena of faith by expressing Himself through men like ourselves.