PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

verses #5   Bible discussions/all

Started Dec-28 by PAULFROMNYS; 116 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-28

Matthew 9:2   And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Notice it was when the Lord saw THEIR faith.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-28

Matthew 11:21   Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Consider this verse in light of:  1 Corinthians 1:26-29  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-28

Matthew  11:27   All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and [he] to whomsoever the Son will reveal [him].

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-28

Matthew 12:36-37   But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-28

Matthew 12:39   But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-29

Matthew 13:53-58   And it came to pass, [that] when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this [man] this wisdom, and [these] mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this [man] all these things? And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

I believe the thrust of these verses is; that we do become offended with one another as we grow in the intimacy, of the family of the faith of Christ Jesus.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Dec-29

Matthew 14:12-13   And his disciples came, and took up the body, and buried it, and went and told Jesus. When Jesus heard [of it], he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard [thereof], they followed him on foot out of the cities.

Strong emotion in Jesus moved him to: "be apart".  I believe this is because He knew the danger of being moved on the foundation of strong feelings hindering, even blocking the leading of His Father.  The love and friendship with John were central to the strength of His response.