PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Serpent's Seed   Bible discussions/all

Started Jan-7 by Fred (fnorthrup); 235 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Jan-7

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed; he will bruise you on the head,  But you will bruise him on the heel.

This prophecy by Jehovah to the Serpent in Genesis 3:15 indicates that the woman's seed (Christ) would bruise the serpent's head, and that there would be enmity between the serpent's seed and the woman's seed. I noticed while reading my Bible this morning that Jesus called many of the Pharisees and Sadducees "offspring of vipers" in Matthew 3:7.

What does it mean that people are the offspring of vipers?

PAULFROMNYS

Jan-7

Well at the very least it would mean that there are aspects of free will which of themselves are totally given to the devil.  So the serpent began the warfare of bringing such things to the fore to overcome things not given him.  I think finally beasts, or reprobates head up the devils lust for dominion, while saints and born again children of GOD overcome all his power, and bruise his head.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Jan-7

PAULFROMNYS said:

So the serpent began the warfare of bringing such things to the fore to overcome things not given him.

Yes. Also, it indicates that something happened when Adam ate the fruit of tree of the knowledge of good and evil, in which was the serpent, which constituted man with the serpent and made man the offspring of the serpent. This would then explain why Jesus was raised up in the form of a serpent in John 3:14, so that we may have life. When Jesus was crucified, the serpent was destroyed. Praise the Lord!!!

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

Hebrews 2:14 Since therefore the children have shared in blood and flesh, He also Himself in like manner partook of the same, that through death He might destroy him who has the might of death, that is, the devil,

PAULFROMNYS

Jan-7

Yes, Hallelujah. 

PAULFROMNYS

Jan-7

You said:   Yes. Also, it indicates that something happened when Adam ate the fruit of tree of the knowledge of good and evil, in which was the serpent, which constituted man with the serpent and made man the offspring of the serpent.

Yes, Adam committed adultery in that he was by the Word of GOD, and now embraced the word of the serpent.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Jan-7

PAULFROMNYS said:

Yes, Adam committed adultery in that he was by the Word of GOD, and now embraced the word of the serpent.

That is true, however, I do not believe that it is a matter of simply disobeying Jehovah and cheating on Him.

The way I see it, it is similar to telling your child not to drink the Draino under the sink. Then he yeilds to temptation and gets under the sink and drinks the Draino. Would you be filled with indignation because he disobeyed you? Or, would you be grieved that he drank poison? 

Yes, Adam disobeyed, but it is eating the poison which is the real issue. This is how Satan entered into man and became the "father" of man.

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks it out of his own possessions; for he is a liar and the father of it.

Death came through eating the wrong thing, and life comes through eating the right thing.

John 6:57 As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me.

PAULFROMNYS

Jan-7

excellent point.

In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-7

What would you share on this topic James??

JS5777

Jan-7

THEIR NAME

Gen 5:2           Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called THEIR name Adam, in the day when they were created (H1254, bawraw, created).

In the day when they were “created(H1254, bawraw, created).

By comparing the Hebrew words, we can see that the “DAY when they were CREATED” was on the sixth day in Genesis 1:26-27, and this is distinct from the Hebrew word “formed” that is used in Genesis 2:7.

Gen 2:7           And the LORD God formed (H3335, H853, yawtsareth) man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

THAT forming happened on the first day of the second week and was NOT on the sixth day of Genesis 1:26-27 because to consider that Genesis 2:7 happened on the same day as Genesis 1:26-27 will throw the entire continuity of the timeline of Adam’s life into confusion, and would result in Adam dying in his flesh on the sixth or seventh day and THEN God calling it “very good”.

Gen 1:31         And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 5:5           And all the days that Adam lived [in the flesh] were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

2 Pet 3:8         But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

And the ONLY people that have lived for more than one thousand years are Enoch and Elijah.

On the sixth day, when God created THEM in His image and likeness, He called THEIR name Adam (both male and female).

From THAT moment SHE was called Adam UNTIL AFTER the fall in sin, when Adam the man called her name Eve.

Gen 3:20   And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

It is important to note that HER name was ADAM until AFTER the fall.

Why is it important?

It is important for THIS reason, Adam fell in sin, Adam partook of the forbidden fruit with the serpent, but WHICH part of Adam partook together with the serpent, the male, or the female?

There are several places in the scriptures that clarify that it was the female and NOT the male that partook together with the serpent, but SHE was STILL called Adam at that time.

Adam the male did NOT have a homosexual relationship with the serpent, it was the female that committed adultery against her husband and fell, while SHE was STILL called Adam.

THEN she came to her husband who had not fallen yet.

Shalom,

JS5777

• Edited January 21, 2022 8:55 am  by  JS5777
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-7

Thanks James.  I'll wait for Fred on this, as I don't think I can say much of any worth, or clarity at this point.