PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Matthew #1   New Testament

Started Apr-17 by PAULFROMNYS; 46 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-17

Mat 14:14, 29-31 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. ... 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-18

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat 15:27-28 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

What was the discernment of her having great faith??  I see that even though she had cause to be offended, it didn't move her in her cleaving to Jesus.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-19

Mat 16:3-4, 17-18, 23, 28 

3 And in the morning, [It will be] foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O [ye] hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not [discern] the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed. ...

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The rock is not Peter, but rather what GOD is revealing to the church as one man, or His bride.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. ... 28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

This would be a good understanding = what's is look like and mean to favor the things of man above the things of GOD???

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-20

Mat 17:2, 5, 11, 17, 22-23

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. ...

5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. ...

11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. ...

17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. ...

22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-22

Mat 18:15-20, 32-35

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear [thee, then] take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell [it] unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. ...

32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-24

Mat 19:2, 8, 26, 28 

2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there. ...

8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. ...

26 But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. ...

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Apr-24

Mat 20:13, 16

13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? ...

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

I've been looking at this first and last thing in light of this:   John 20:27-29 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.