PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do we have freewill ? Is it biblical ?   General Discussion

Started Jul-21 by davidsheep88; 248 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
davidsheep88

Sep-16

People the choosing right or wrong and have the freedom to choose it was something G-d gave and he gave it to Adam that is why he disobeyed if he could not he would of not of fallen. The reason freewill has and even I don't like saying the devil had freewill. So know that freedom of deciding even do the word freewill does not exist in hebrew language and have found the same question the truth is that freedom to choose and disobey G-d has existed before the bible and angels and man have it.
It does not the word or phrase freewill does not exist in the hebrew langauge it conception does not exist. But still to choose " ?????" It is what closest word to freewill of choosing is.

In reply toRe: msg 5
davidsheep88

Sep-16

See where " ????? " supposedly hebrew words appear.

In reply toRe: msg 5
davidsheep88

Sep-16

but free does not exit with it and it does not mean the same thing in modern times. Liberals, democracy, and tea party do not mean the same thing in old time hebrew and wouldn't mean that.

see that you have all the right to choose good or evil and everything is choices you make but like moses who should pray for the water but instead stroke it. Also Hulda who made mistake in prophecy or the kings of israel all have made mistakes and change the course of destiny but still God's plan adapts to thier errors not God for he dones not make errors. But still things willbe different if they didn't do those things but all works good at the end.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-16

davidsheep88 said:

see that you have all the right to choose good or evil and everything is choices you make

Man has a will. We are told to chose, not good or evil, but life or death. Good and evil belong to the same tree, the tree of death. To chose life is to chose God. Only God is good. 

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

How could we chose if we had no will? To say (free) will simply means we have power over our own will. 

I chose life!!!!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-16

Me too.   Maybe not in the perfection that choice involves, but with confidence He can bring me to that = Immersed in Christ.

In reply toRe: msg 7
davidsheep88

Sep-16

Point of view of science yes it is an illusion but God can give us the power to decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BTVN68-ZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwaXqep-bpk

I think that the reason we will be held morally responsible for unbelief is rooted in what is written in John 3:18-21. Jhn 3:18, He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. Jhn 3:19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. Jhn 3:20, For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. Jhn 3:21, But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. Given a choice to either believe or not believe, one might choose not to believe because his deeds are evil and he does not want them to be exposed to the light. Or, one might choose to believe because he does the truth and he wants his deeds to be manifest that they have been wrought in God. The fact that there are reasons behind belief or unbelief does not negate moral responsibility; because those very reasons have the morality of the individual at their base. So, understanding that I may not have free will because those reasons are predetermined does not negate moral responsibility. I choose to believe or not believe based on reasons that have their basis in morality.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-16

davidsheep88 said:

The fact that there are reasons behind belief or unbelief does not negate moral responsibility; because those very reasons have the morality of the individual at their base.

I agree brother. God has chosen us, but will we chose Him? God chosing us is called predestination. Us chosing God is called "faith."

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

In reply toRe: msg 10
davidsheep88

Sep-16

Know that you have freewill and God gave it to you since the dawn of time we all have it and also since Eden know that the devil had it and it was his downfall to atack God but man fell but not's it's fault but the enemy and justice will be ours.

The holy spirit works and exist accordance to God's will and for A purpose as we see freewill existed people. God gave it to us even to the devil ahd freewill. How he got it and still why of he's rebbelion is still A mystery.

But we know that the heart has A part to play with freewill from the lord. Heart is where is the mind is and how the mind does things we exist thanks to God's will to put conscience and know of our existence. We have existence since we can talk and obey question is our conscience of Adam is the smae us our modern humans think ? Or Like A recent baby thinks when he coms to the world. What is the basisi of conscience ?

Our freedom is from our conscience and tell us what we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MASBIB7zPo4

Know that you have freewill and God gave it to you since the dawn of time we all have it and also since Eden know that the devil had it and it was his downfall to atack God but man fell but not's it's fault but the enemy and justice will be ours.
The holy spirit works and exist accordance to God's will and for A purpose as we see freewill existed people. God gave it to us even to the devil ahd freewill. How he got it and still why of he's rebbelion is still A mystery.

But we know that the heart has A part to play with freewill from the lord. Heart is where is the mind is and how the mind does things we exist thanks to God's will to put conscience and know of our existence. We have existence since we can talk and obey question is our conscience of Adam is the smae us our modern humans think ? Or Like A recent baby thinks when he coms to the world. What is the basisi of conscience ?

Our freedom is from our conscience and tell us what we are.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-16

davidsheep88 said:

Heart is where is the mind is and how the mind does things we exist thanks to God's will to put conscience and know of our existence. We have existence since we can talk and obey question is our conscience of Adam is the smae us our modern humans think ? Or Like A recent baby thinks when he coms to the world. What is the basisi of conscience ?

Because the Scripture says that our conscience bears witness in the Holy Spirit.

Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,

And also says that the Holy Spirit witness with our spirit, we can conclude that the conscience is a function of our human spirit and is placed there by God.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

The Scriptures also connect our conscience to our heart.

Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Therefore, our spirit, where the Spirit of the Lord is, is connected to our heart (mind , will, and emotions) via the conscience. That is why is so important to take care of our conscience, repent when we sin, go to the brother if we do wrong, and always be turning to the Lord. 

It is very helpful to study the Bible to know our inward parts. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. I like Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.