PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The hinge eternity swings on   Topics/belief

Started Jul-28 by PAULFROMNYS; 138 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-28

John 11:40  Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-5

I understand "see the glory of God" to mean, "see God expressed in humanity as His corporate embodiment and expression" which is what the New Jerusalem, the bride of the Lamb, is.

Revelation 21:9a Come here; I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.

Revelation 21:10-11 And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, as clear as crystal.

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-6

I see the glory of GOD as that which pleases and satisfies Him.  Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-6

PAULFROMNYS said:

I see the glory of GOD as that which pleases and satisfies Him. 

The beginning point of our salvation is justification and the goal is glorification.

Romans 8:30 And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified.

My concept is that justification means that God is happy with us. Glorification means that God is fully expressed in man, because man is full of God which has been His desire since Genesis 1:26. The church is "the fulness of the Oner who fills."

Ephesians 1:22-23 And He subjected all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, Which is His Body, the fullness of the One who fills all in all.

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-8

You said:  The beginning point of our salvation is justification and the goal is glorification.

Amen, Alpha to Omega  

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-8

So we should be able to see, the glory that the Father gave to the Son, the Son has given to us.

John 17:22 And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one;

and the New Jerusalem, the bride of the Lamb, has the glory of God

Revelation 21:10b; 11a and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God.

Therefore, the New Jerusalem is the church in its consummated form. We are not going there, we are becoming the New Jerusalem. Salvation is not about going somewhere, it is about becoming.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name,

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-9

I'll receive that as an AMEN  :)

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-9

I wish there were more like you Fred.  So many are so given to their understanding that true unity is next to impossible.  The foundational things of Christ are sacrificed prematurely on the alter of perfect understanding((as individuals understand same)).  Also, I got rid of the internet, so I come to the library often to keep up the forum and my FB page.  I apologize for the lack of back and forth, but maybe we're better off with a good day or two in between to hear and speak in Christ better. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-10

No internet? That is a bold move. Jesus prayed for true unity in John 17 so no one should dismiss His desire as impossible. That would be an evil heart of unbelief. Jesus seemed to believe that it was possible.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

Hebrews 3:12 Beware, brothers, lest perhaps there be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief in falling away from the living God.

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-10

Yes, dismissing His desire as impossible would lead to the "Broadway": for sure.  Also the shutting down of the majesty of His person through some offence to our thinking, or feelings((John 6:66)).