PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I Cor 14 fellowship   Topics/belief

Started Aug-12 by PAULFROMNYS; 108 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Aug-12

I'll give you an example regarding what I mean about how we've experienced this.  We are only about 7 weeks into this, and one outstanding event took place a couple of weeks ago.  Without exception and very strongly a desire came forth among all present to be washed in the Word.  For the last two weeks the central reality of our coming together has been going together into the book of Romans, we start chapter 2 this evening.  Also it has come forth before the founding couple left to Virginia that the gospel is the promise of a life to live in through if we get off the throne of our lives and enthrone Jesus.  We covenant with GOD in this regard, and GOD undertakes to accomplish our stated agreement with Him.  A foundational discernment is:  are you being knit together in these things? is the love of GOD growing? Did you discern any specific victories? problems?  On the problem front we became somewhat immersed in the question of the import of the Torah in the faith of Jesus. It clearly affected the nature of our communion.  We decieded to leave it as much as possible with GOD and avoid striving about it as we sought the washing of the Word together.

JS5777

Aug-19

ALL covenants that God makes with man, carries with it the promise of God making His supernatural power to be made manifest within the context of the covenant.

This is true of BOTH covenants that were made in the Old Testament AND the New.

The final promise is that He will have a people that have been so transformed in the inner man that the body will also receive its change and that ALL of those whom receive THAT change will go up to meet Him in the air, to go with Him into the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Those who do not go into the Marriage Supper of the Lamb with Him, will be left behind to go through the supper of the Great God here in the earth, otherwise known as the Great Tribulation.

BOTH suppers are spoken about in Revelations Chapter 19 and BOTH happen at the same time, one in the earth and the other in heaven.

Shalom,

JS5777

marvinlzinn1

Aug-20

Like other activity in life, internet does have evils that distract the truth from us. But it is also an essential tool for my normal life, like efficiency of buying things I need, paying bills and important communication like this survey. I just have to be sure I am not distracted and waste my time on junk. (I never have time for games.)

marvin

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-20

PAULFROMNYS said:

Without exception and very strongly a desire came forth among all present to be washed in the Word.  For the last two weeks the central reality of our coming together has been going together into the book of Romans, we start chapter 2 this evening.

It is wonderful to be brought back to the Word of God. Praise the Lord for the life, the light, the life supply contained in the Bible. 

Romans: The gospel of God (1:1) to make sinners (1:18-2:20) sons of God (8:14) to constitute the Body of Christ (12:4-5) which is expressed as local churches. (16:1,4)

Paul refers to Romans as "my gospel."

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Romans 16:20 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

An interesting point for group discussion: Why, in this lengthy presentation of the gospel of God, is there not one word about going to heaven, except to say, "don't say that"?

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

JS5777

Aug-20

Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The "washing of water by the word" is where the Life of God dwelling in our hearts, under the impact of His presence, sweeps away anything and everything that does not conform to the Word of God, thereby fulfilling His redemptive purpose within us of restoring us back to His image and likeness.

Just as was His purpose for us in the beginning.

All of the creation in the earth is groaning and waiting for the manifestation of THAT reality.

Shalom,

JS5777

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-20

Yes, games are not a good thing, and point to inner issues.  I was addicted to them.  They are like a drug, acting as a crutch to deal with inner fires.  They provide a time of separation from the afflicting power, but serve only To hinder, even prevent the death of them((afflicting powers)) into the Son of GOD.  

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Aug-20

Yes, the washing of the Word in the person of the Word takes us out of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and establishes us in the tree of life.  The Word discerns between soul((our best efforts)) and spirit((Christ in us as LORD)).