PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Our inheritance in Christ.   T. Austin Sparks

Started Aug-31 by PAULFROMNYS; 114 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Aug-31

2. The wilderness is a bounded place of separation, within the limits of God's appointment, where you are separated unto God. There must not be the slightest overlapping with Egypt, "not a hoof to be left behind" and there had to be "three days' journey into the wilderness" (Ex. 8:27). The separation is unto the degree of Divine completeness, it is being wholly separated unto God. God has come in between and defined the limits to our life and what it means to be separated unto God.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Aug-31

3. The wilderness is a hedged place of imprisonment to God, there is no getting out of it, you are imprisoned, given wholly to God and for Him, and know Him as your only object.

God shut Israel into the wilderness and there was no way out; Pharaoh saw that, see what he says about it: "Pharaoh will say... they are entangled in the land, the wilderness has shut them in" (Ex. 8:27).

Yes, the devil knows all about it! He says "the wilderness shut them in" - but, God shut them in. What a place of imprisonment when you have come out wholly for the Lord! Yes, that is the way, the Lord has imprisoned you, and you cannot run away. There are sometimes fiery trials, and often Satan says, quit, quit, and you know you cannot. The flesh would love to be released and find a way out, but you know you have got to go through, and He is holding you. If He had not held you, where would you have been? We would kick and run away, only He holds, and will hold until He has done the work; and you will say, "the Lord did it"; you are hedged by a Divine compulsion.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Aug-31

The Lord sovereignly held the children of Israel in the wilderness, while the testing and training was going on, preparing for the inheritance. And He is holding you while He does the same, you are the prisoner of the Lord, hedged in unto His Divine completeness; the Lord is sovereignly holding and getting us through, the credit is not ours, but His, it is all Grace.

The duration of the wilderness depends upon our maturity in our knowledge of the Lord, until HE becomes and IS our "all in all," He - HIMSELF. When He has His place we come into our large place, for our coming into a large place is on the ground of our personally knowing in a very real way the Lord - HIMSELF as our all; and conquest depends upon this knowledge of the Lord.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-31

PAULFROMNYS said:

The Lord sovereignly held the children of Israel in the wilderness, while the testing and training was going on, preparing for the inheritance.

"The wilderness" has two distinct parts.

Part 1: The Lord delivered the children of Israel out of Egypt, and "brought them to Himself on eagles wings" 

Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bore -- you on eagles’ wings, and brought -- you unto myself.

Here, at the mountain of God, He gave them the law, the priesthood, the offerings, and the pattern for the tabernacle. Three months after the Passover they arrived at the mountain of God.

Exodus 19:1-2 In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.
For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount.

One year from the Passover the Tabernacle was set up.

Exodus 40:17 And it came to pass in the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was reared up.

One month and 20 days after putting the Tabernacle up, it was taken down.

Numbers 10:11 And it came to pass on the twentieth day -- of the second month, in the second year, that the cloud was taken up from off the tabernacle of the testimony.

Numbers 10:17 And the tabernacle was taken down; and the sons of Gershon and the sons of Merari set forward, bearing the tabernacle.

From there, it was 11 days journey to where they were to enter Canaan and take possession of their inheritance.

JS5777

Aug-31

And THEN after 40 days of spying out the land, Kadesh Barnea happened.

What was supposed to be 11 days of journey turned into 40 years, UNTIL all of the unbelieving generation died in the wilderness.

We each have our own "wilderness experience" and we must stay there until the unbelief dies out.

Sadly, for some, even with better promises, it takes longer than 40 years.

Joyfully, for others it could be just only moments in His presence.

But the goal is to possess the land that has been promised... ALL of it, including the change in our mortal bodies.

Phlp 3:12  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Phlp 3:16  Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 5
Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-31

JS5777 said:

Sadly, for some, even with better promises, it takes longer than 40 years.

So, what are the consequences of this? Is there a judgement for the saved? These people were saved out of Egypt, but did not enter into their inheritance. 

Hebrews 3:10-11 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.

JS5777

Sep-1

They judge themselves by the choices that they make.

They won't like the outcome, but no one will be able to say that they were not warned.

John 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Those that came out of Egypt were set free from physical slavery, but their minds were still enslaved to the vices of Egypt.

The same is true with many church-goers, sadly, they might have come out of the cantinas and other dens of iniquity, but many times their hearts still desire to return to those carnal self-destructive habits, even while claiming to be Christians.

ONLY the Spirit of Christ living within the heart can truly change and transform the inner man, and THAT goes FAR beyond just only a verbal confession.

Shalom,

JS5777

• Edited September 1, 2022 12:21 am  by  JS5777
In reply toRe: msg 7
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-1

JS5777 said:

The same is true with many church-goers

What about those who are truly born of God (John 1:13) but do not go on to maturity? The book of Hebrews seems to be directed toward such people, 

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;

I personally believe that once one is born of God, he cannot be un-born, but we can definitely suffer loss at the judgement seat of Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

We can be saved, yet go through fire.