PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Our inheritance in Christ #3   T. Austin Sparks

Started Sep-1 by PAULFROMNYS; 414 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-1

2. The wilderness is a bounded place of separation, within the limits of God's appointment, where you are separated unto God. There must not be the slightest overlapping with Egypt, "not a hoof to be left behind" and there had to be "three days' journey into the wilderness" (Ex. 8:27). The separation is unto the degree of Divine completeness, it is being wholly separated unto God. God has come in between and defined the limits to our life and what it means to be separated unto God.

3. The wilderness is a hedged place of imprisonment to God, there is no getting out of it, you are imprisoned, given wholly to God and for Him, and know Him as your only object.

God shut Israel into the wilderness and there was no way out; Pharaoh saw that, see what he says about it: "Pharaoh will say... they are entangled in the land, the wilderness has shut them in" (Ex. 8:27).

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-1

Yes, the devil knows all about it! He says "the wilderness shut them in" - but, God shut them in. What a place of imprisonment when you have come out wholly for the Lord! Yes, that is the way, the Lord has imprisoned you, and you cannot run away. There are sometimes fiery trials, and often Satan says, quit, quit, and you know you cannot. The flesh would love to be released and find a way out, but you know you have got to go through, and He is holding you. If He had not held you, where would you have been? We would kick and run away, only He holds, and will hold until He has done the work; and you will say, "the Lord did it"; you are hedged by a Divine compulsion.

The Lord sovereignly held the children of Israel in the wilderness, while the testing and training was going on, preparing for the inheritance. And He is holding you while He does the same, you are the prisoner of the Lord, hedged in unto His Divine completeness; the Lord is sovereignly holding and getting us through, the credit is not ours, but His, it is all Grace.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-1

The duration of the wilderness depends upon our maturity in our knowledge of the Lord, until HE becomes and IS our "all in all," He - HIMSELF. When He has His place we come into our large place, for our coming into a large place is on the ground of our personally knowing in a very real way the Lord - HIMSELF as our all; and conquest depends upon this knowledge of the Lord.

There will never be a time when we shall escape the uprising of the flesh; when we are over Jordan the peril of the flesh is still with us, and you find Achan gets up. Again you find flesh manifesting itself in self-confidence in Israel when they are over Jordan and in the land: "And it came to pass when all the Kings... heard how... the children of Israel had passed over that their heart melted, neither was there spirit in them any more, because of the children of Israel" (Joshua 5:1). The peoples of the land were in terror because of the children of Israel; immediately upon which the Lord gave instructions for re-circumcision. Why this upon crossing the Jordan and being in the land? The Lord saw the peril of their taking on the thought of the people of the land about themselves, and making something of them instead of the Lord, instead of making Him everything, so He says, "circumcise".

And beloved, you are never free of the peril of people making something of you as soon as they see you have got something. The Lord says at once, "cut off the flesh."

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-1

The Lord is wanting to bring us into a wealthy place, and He is working in the energies of the Holy Spirit with that in view. He has foreknown and always acts in relation to that foreknowledge; the inheritance is in view, and He by the Holy Spirit would bring us into that full place in Christ.

The large place in life or vocation depends upon whether we have the Lord as our LIFE, and not things or people as such, but HIMSELF.

Our emancipation into the fulness of God's provision for us in Christ Jesus, depends upon how far we have let the Holy Spirit sovereignly apply the Cross of the Lord Jesus to all that is not of Himself, until it is only the Lord. This is the Spirit's work, and is not power or sanctification as such, not in a thing, it is the LORD; and when it is the Lord, you have come to your possession and can go in and possess.

We come to it through pressure, through fire, through water, but God says:- "I HAVE GIVEN... YOU POSSESS."

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-1

PAULFROMNYS said:

We come to it through pressure, through fire, through water, but God says:- "I HAVE GIVEN... YOU POSSESS."

Have you brothers pondered the point that no individual entered and possessed the good land? Not even Joshua or Caleb individually overcame. Until they all went, no one went. Surely this experience is for God's corporate people.

JS5777

Sep-2

You brought up a VERY good point.

There are certain details that we attain to as adopted Sons of God (individually), but there are other details that we attain to (corporally) through the wedding vows as we are becoming the Rev 19:7-9 Wife of the Lamb.

But for the Elect, BOTH the Adoption AND the Wedding vows become the SAME, being conformed to HIM, an help meet for Him.

Shalom,

JS5777

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-2

Fred said:    Have you brothers pondered the point that no individual entered and possessed the good land? Not even Joshua or Caleb individually overcame. Until they all went, no one went. Surely this experience is for God's corporate people.

Paul replied:  This is exactly why I love and pursue the fellowship defined in 1 Corinthians 14:26-32.  The person of gifted men are blended beautifully into a corporate reality where GOD is all in all.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-2

James said:   There are certain details that we attain to as adopted Sons of God (individually).

Paul replied:  Yes, and the motive of those individual details is to all as to self.  Same is true of corporate realities = to all and self.  In the fullness of Christ there is no distinction except to say glory and function.  The heart motive is exactly the same in all, from least to greatest. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-2

JS5777 said:

But for the Elect, BOTH the Adoption AND the Wedding vows become the SAME, being conformed to HIM, an help meet for Him.

Brother, I would like very much to discuss this with you. I don't mind if you disagree with me at all. For the most part, I am on this forum to practice speaking the truth as I understand the truth and give supporting verses in the Bible. Whether you agree with me or not, it is a good exercise for me. I believe this is called "apologetics", making a case for the gospel.

Because the Bible begins with the tree of life and concludes with a river of water of life flowing out, I have come to believe that life is one of the primary matters in the Bible. John says that the Word is God, and in Him is life. He came that we might have life, and Jesus said that He is the life.

The English translations use of word "adoption" to translate the greek word huiothesia, seems to indicate that they (the translators) are viewing our relationship with God from a legal point of view, not from the perspective of life. The Bible says plainly, in many places, that we have a union in life with God, not simply a legal one.

1 John 5:12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Huiothesia literally means "placed as a son". From the perspective of law, this would of course mean adoption, but from the perspective of life, it would mean begotten of God and grow in life into the position of a son, or simply "sonship." God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts and we have received the Spirit of sonship, therefore we cry, "Abba, Father!!!"

KJV Galatians 4:5-6 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

RcV Galatians 4:5-6 That He might redeem those under law that we might receive the sonship. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father!

It does not make sense to me to say "He redeemed those under law, then legally adopted them."

What do you think?

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-2

Fred said:  It does not make sense to me to say "He redeemed those under law, then legally adopted them."

What do you think?

Paul replied:  In regards to what is being considered I'd say that whatever the beginning, arrival at the end is the same for all = Christ our life. If GOD receives an accepting soul John 1:12 is availed to them.  How that plays out is in the arena of:   Rom 11:33-36 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!  For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?  Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?  For of him, and through him, and to him, [are] all things: to whom [be] glory for ever. Amen.