PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

All Scripture is God-breathed   Bible discussions/all

Started Sep-10 by Fred (fnorthrup); 235 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-10

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

"Given by inspiration of God" is translated from one Greek word: theo´pneustos; from Theos, meaning God, and pneo, to breath out, exhale. 

To translate literally, all Scripture is breathed out of God, or as Jesus said in Matthew 4:4 "every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." John 1:1 says that the Word is God. The Scripture, the Bible we have in our hand, contains the true and living God, every word.

Both Jesus and the apostle Paul considered the Scripture, the written word, to be something out of God, and the means through which God is transmitted into man. This is also what I believe. 

It is a great matter to have our eyes opened to see the revelation in the Holy Scriptures. There is no need for us to add anything or invent anything. Our great need is vision, a spirit of wisdom and revelation to have the eyes of our understanding opened, to see what is plainly written. For this we must pray.

Ephesians 1:17-18 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-10

Fred:   Both Jesus and the apostle Paul considered the Scripture, the written word, to be something out of God, and the means through which God is transmitted into man. This is also what I believe. 

Paul:  Yes, by the work of GOD to those coming to Him, it is as the life in the Father communicated to, and through the person of His Son established as the life of His children.  This was the inheritance of Jesus, which He shared with us:  John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JS5777

Oct-21

Inspiration is "breathing into".

Therefore when the scripture says;

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All scripture is given for a purpose of God breathing His breath (ruach) of Life into us so that...

2 Tim 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Those works are the product or fruits of the Ruach, Spirit/Life of God, and it has the purpose of making the dust of the earth that we are, to live again, in His image and likeness.

Gen 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The living soul was a living creature that had an attribute of breathing just as God breathed, but the manifesting of the attribute of God goes FAR beyond just air entering and exiting our lungs, it extends to being the earthly manifestation of the image and likeness of God, ALL of His attributes.

THAT is the purpose that the Word of God is given to man to produce, to bring about the earthly manifestation of the image and likeness of God, and to sweep away anything that would limit or obscure THAT manifestation.

John 15:3  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Being "cleansed" in the specific manner that is mentioned in the above verse, means to remove anything that would limit or obscure the manifestation in our flesh of His image and likeness.

Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
1 Cor 15:49  And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
Col 1:15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Since THAT manifestation also includes our attitudes and the words that we speak, it ALSO implies a work that is done in the inner man by the Spirit (ruach) of God, the temple that we are being filled with the Shekina to manifest HIM.

Not only THAT, but to also make us to be living stones and builded together and placed in our ordained position in the Body/Church/Bride/Wife.

UNTIL the entire Body has been so honed down that the Capstone can perfectly fit.

The Wife of the Lamb becoming the Word made flesh.

Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Shalom,

JS5777

• Edited October 21, 2022 1:39 pm  by  JS5777
In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

James:   The living soul was a living creature that had an attribute of breathing just as God breathed, but the manifesting of the attribute of God goes FAR beyond just air entering and exiting our lungs, it extends to being the earthly manifestation of the image and likeness of God, ALL of His attributes.

Paul:   our being in His image has come to mean alot more to me when I see that at our core and outward are the realities of relationship issues forming and defining who we are = our souls in relation to GOD, and one another.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-23

JS5777 said:

Since THAT manifestation also includes our attitudes and the words that we speak, it ALSO implies a work that is done in the inner man by the Spirit (ruach) of God, the temple that we are being filled with the Shekina to manifest HIM.

The Spirit in the Old Testament (ruach) is not exactly the same as the Spirit in the New Testament (pneuma). In the Old Testament, the Spirit is the Spirit of God only. In the New Testament, the Spirit is the spirit of a resurrected God-man. 

Galatians 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father!

Philippians 1:19 For I know that for me this will turn out to salvation through your petition and the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him.

The Spirit of God is now the Spirit of God's Son, Jesus Christ, the Spirit of Christ, a man in resurrection.

JS5777

Oct-23

It is stated in multiple places that the life is in the blood.

It is also stated that the blood that purchased the Church is the blood of God.

Acts 20:28  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God (G2316, theos), which he hath purchased with his own blood.

As Emmanuel, the Lord Jesus Christ, The Lamb of God, and the blood that is in Him, IS the blood of God and therefore the Spirit of Life that is in THAT blood IS the Spirit/Life of God and THAT is what came upon and into the 120 on the Feast of Weeks, the day of Pentecost.

The Spirit/Life of God and the Spirit/Life of the Lamb of God is the SAME Spirit/Life, which is called the Holy Spirit in BOTH the Old AND the New Testaments.

Psa 51:11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Isa 63:10  But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
Isa 63:11  Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

The ONLY distinction between how the Holy Spirit was given in the Old Testament and in the New Testament is found in;

John 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The Spirit is the Same Spirit that came upon the Prophets of old, but because of the change in relationship which the Lord Jesus Christ opened for us, we now have access not ONLY to that SAME anointing of that SAME Spirit, but NOW we can have that SAME Spirit to permanently dwell within us.

Heb 10:20  By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Since His flesh IS The Word-made-flesh, and The Word IS God, the Spirit of Life of THAT flesh IS the Spirit/Life of God and there is NO distinction or difference between the Spirit that anointed in the Old Testament and the Spirit that permanently inhabits in the New Testament, the difference is in US because of what He did for us, AND the access that we now have to receive THAT SAME Spirit/Life in a fuller, more complete and more intimate way.

To make a difference in the Spirit, is a FALSE construct that was invented by the murderous council of Nicea in 325 AD in order to try to falsely invent a basis for the preconceived conclusion that they had from even before they convened the meeting.

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 6
Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

JS5777 said:

The Spirit/Life of God and the Spirit/Life of the Lamb of God is the SAME Spirit/Life, which is called the Holy Spirit in BOTH the Old AND the New Testaments.

First of all, the life which is in the blood is the soul-life, the natural life. The life which the Spirit gives is the divine life, the zoe life. This. is an important distinction. Jesus gave up His soul life (shed His blood), that we might have the divine life.

John 10:10-11 The thief does not come except to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life (zoe, the life of God, the eternal life) and may have it abundantly. I am the good Shepherd; the good Shepherd lays down His life (psuche, the natural life, the soul- life) for the sheep.

Secondly, strictly speaking, the title "Holy Spirit" does not appear in the Bible until the conception of Jesus. The Old Testament verses you cite should read "Spirit of Your holiness" in Psalms or "His Spirit of Holiness" in Isaiah according to Hebrew. 

Psalm 51:11 Do not cast me from Your presence, / And do not take the Spirit of Your holiness away from me.

Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled and grieved / His Spirit of holiness; / Therefore He turned to become their enemy; / He fought against them.

Matthew 1:20 But while he pondered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife, for that which has been begotten in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Thirdly, when Jesus was conceived, The Holy Spirit and Jesus' spirit, the spirit of a man, were mingled to be one Spirit. This is the beginning of the "compounding" in Exodus 30:25 to produce the Holy anointing oil. 

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit.

Exodus 30:25 And thou shalt make -- it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be a holy anointing oil.

This is the Scriptural basis to say that the Spirit in the Old Testament is not the same as the Spirit in the New Testament. This compound ointment, the Spirit of God's Son, the Spirit of Jesus Christ was "not yet" in the Old Testament, because Jesus had "not yet been glorified" i.e. raised from the dead to become a life-giving Spirit. (1 Corinthians 15:45b)

Jesus' spirit:

John 11:33 Then Jesus, when He saw her weeping and the Jews who came with her weeping, was moved with indignation in His spirit and was troubled

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-24

Fred:   The Spirit in the Old Testament (ruach) is not exactly the same as the Spirit in the New Testament (pneuma). In the Old Testament, the Spirit is the Spirit of God only. In the New Testament, the Spirit is the spirit of a resurrected God-man. 

Paul:   How about Him being:  GOD in Christ?

JS5777

Oct-24

Per posting #6 above;

The ONLY distinction between how the Holy Spirit was given in the Old Testament and in the New Testament is found in;

John 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The Spirit is the Same Spirit that came upon the Prophets of old, but because of the change in relationship which the Lord Jesus Christ opened for us, we now have access not ONLY to that SAME anointing of that SAME Spirit, but NOW we can have that SAME Spirit to permanently dwell within us.

Heb 10:20  By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Since His flesh IS The Word-made-flesh, and The Word IS God, the Spirit of Life of THAT flesh IS the Spirit/Life of God and there is NO distinction or difference between the Spirit that anointed in the Old Testament and the Spirit that permanently inhabits in the New Testament, the difference is in US because of what He did for us, AND the access that we now have to receive THAT SAME Spirit/Life in a fuller, more complete and more intimate way.

To make a difference in the Spirit, is a FALSE construct that was invented by the murderous council of Nicea in 325 AD in order to try to falsely invent a basis for the preconceived conclusion that they had from even before they convened the meeting.

It is the SAME Spirit because BOTH references to the "Spirit" are about the Spirit of God, and He said;

Mal 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

What changed was US because of Him opening the way for us to experience Him in a fuller way.

Shalom,

JS5777

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-24

JS5777 said:

I read your post #6 above. For one thing, it is not easy to follow your thought. For another, you will notice I do not appeal to ancient creeds, confessions, or councils to support my points, but to the Scriptures. You did not address any of my points, but dismiss them based on some council in 325AD. This is not right.

I will put these points as concisely as I know how:

1. The Spirit is typified in Exodus 30 as a compounded ointment.

2. In short, 1 hin of olive oil=God. Myrrh=the death of Christ. Cinnamon=the sweetness and effectiveness of Christ's death. Calamus=the precious resurrection of Christ. Cassia=the power of Christ's resurrection.

3. In the Old Testament, they only had the type of this compound ointment, not the reality, because Christ had not yet been resurrected. Now, the Lord is the Spirit, the reality of the compound ointment.

5. Through incarnation, human living, death, and resurrection, God, who is Spirit, has been compounded to be the compound life-giving Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ. 

6. God became a man through incarnation. The man Jesus became the Compound Spirit through resurrection. Now, the Lord is the Spirit.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us (and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only Begotten from the Father), full of grace and reality.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul”; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.