PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Anointing   Bible discussions/all

Started Sep-11 by Fred (fnorthrup); 3266 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-11

1 John 2:20 1 John 2:20 But ye have an anointing from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 John 2:24 1 John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

1 John 2:27 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

To study the anointing is to study the Spirit. The anointing, the Spirit, in 1 John is typified as a compounded ointment in Exodus 30:22-25.

Moreover the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying, Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,
And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive a hin: And thou shalt make -- it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be a holy anointing oil.

We should have some questions such as:

What does it mean that the anointing oil is a "compound ointment"?

In what way has the Spirit been compounded?

What is the meaning of the oil, the myrrh, the cinnamon, the calamus, the cassia?

Why are there 5 elements?

This would make for a great thread.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-12

Fred (fnorthrup) said:

and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things,

I guess I will reply to myself. 

It is a pity that many people take the above verse out of its context, even out of the context of the verse itself, and conclude, "I don't need anyone to teach me anything."

In spit of the fact that God gave teachers (Ephesians 4:11)  that Paul was called to be a teacher (1 Timothy 2:7), and the many, many verses that exhort us to pay attention to the healthy teaching.

What is it that we have no need that anyone teach us?

To know the Lord. Each one of us have the right and responsibility to know the Lord, personally, privately, intimately, and affectionately. This is the covenant.

Hebrews 8:10-12 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The anointing teaches us to abide in Him. We do not need a mediator, Jesus is our Mediator, we do not need a clergyman, we do not need a priest to intercede for us, Jesus is our High Priest and intercessor.  Each one shall know Me!!!!!!!!!! This is the covenant.

JS5777

Sep-12

Just one slight caveat.

The Lord Jesus has made all of us to be Priests together with Him and we are called to offer up prayers and supplications for the nations before His throne.

All intercession goes through HIM.

It is just that He has chosen us, in Him, to be participants with Him in His work.

In doing so, we are working in our Father's business.

Shalom,

JS5777

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-12

James:   Just one slight caveat.

The Lord Jesus has made all of us to be Priests together with Him and we are called to offer up prayers and supplications for the nations before His throne.

All intercession goes through HIM.

Paul:  another slight caveat.  His intercessions find expression through us.

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-12

I wonder if it is not good to say that every utterance which proceeds purely from our Lord is prophecy?

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-12

PAULFROMNYS said:

I wonder if it is not good to say that every utterance which proceeds purely from our Lord is prophecy?

I think it would be good to work a little on this point. What did Paul mean when he said that we should "earnestly desire to prophesy?"

I know the Baptists have one definition and the Pentecostals have a whole different definition, but what did Paul mean?

1 Corinthians 14:39a Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy...

Covet: 2206. ζηλ?ω ze¯lo´o¯; contracted ze¯lo¯´, fut. ze¯lo¯´so¯, from ze¯´los (G2205), zeal. To be zealous, filled with zeal

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-12

Fred:   I think it would be good to work a little on this point.

Paul:  IN light of 1 Cor 14:1, 24, 25,  @ 31;   it most certainly would be.

JS5777

Sep-13

2 Tim 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration (G2315) of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Inspiration, G2315, θεο´πνευστος, theopneustos, theh-op'-nyoo-stos, From G2316 and a presumed derivative of G4154; divinely breathed in: - given by inspiration of God.

G2316, θεο´ς, theos, theh'-os, Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

G4154, πνε´ω, pneo¯, pneh'-o, A primary word; to breathe hard, that is, breeze: - blow. Compare G5594.

G5594, ψυ´χω, psucho¯, psoo'-kho, A primary verb; to breathe (voluntarily but gently; thus differing on the one hand from G4154, which denotes properly a forcible respiration; and on the other from the base of G109, which refers properly to an inanimate breeze), that is, (by implication of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figuratively): - wax cold.

It is the equivalent of the Hebrew word "ruach".

2 Sam 22:16  And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath (H7307, ruach) of his nostrils.

Breath, H7307, ?????, ru^ach, roo'-akh, From H7306; wind; by resemblance breath, that is, a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions): - air, anger, blast, breath, X cool, courage, mind, X quarter, X side, spirit ([-ual]), tempest, X vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y), Total KJV occurrences: 378

Therefore, all scripture is given by the breath/Spirit/ruach of God.

Rev 19:10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

All scripture is given by God breathing His Spirit of Prophecy.

For this reason, all scripture is prophetic, because it proceeds from the Spirit of Prophecy.

Shalom,

JS5777

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-13

Yes, every gift and attribute of life from GOD is expressed according to it's eternal reality or wisdom there unto in genuine prophecy, because genuine prophecy is the input of GOD through the life He has given whosoever will.  That this is realized and effective among us is the warfare of discerning who is speaking, and nurturing obedience to the recognized input of our Lord.  Who is sufficient for this?  Only those truly yielded to GOD; thereby showing His workmanship in His perfection to His children.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-13

JS5777 said:

For this reason, all scripture is prophetic, because it proceeds from the Spirit of Prophecy.

Amen. This is why we are strict about taking the Scriptures as our source, not traditions, myths, or superstition.

One point of importance is that "all Scripture is God-breathed",

but not all Scripture is God speaking. Sometimes it is Satan speaking, and sometimes it is simply Job's friends speaking. In the Psalms, sometimes it is Jehovah speaking, and at times it is David giving his religious sentiments and concepts. It is wisdom to learn the difference. 

However, all are God's word and breathed out through the mouth of God. All Scripture is profitable.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.